The UI and overclocking module is real

http://everythingn9.com/opptimize-for-nokia-n9/

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Hmm have you got the new version inception_0.1.1_armel.deb? You'll need that version instead of 0.1 if your phones fully updated on PR1.2, though if you have the latest version, and judging by the error message you probably do, using the wrong filename is the problem.
You need to type "dpkg -i inception_0.1.1_armel.deb" instead of "dpkg -i inception_0.1_armel.deb", the version changed since those posts.
Also I recommend once you've typed "dpkg -i in", hit the tab key and it'll auto complete the file name.
I did that, typing "dpkg -in inception_0.1.1_armel.deb"
And then I got this :

Unknown action for 'inception_0.1.1_armel.deb' in '-in inception_0.1.1_armel.deb'
dpkg: unknown option -n

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages[*]:
Use 'deselect' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
Options marked[*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !
~#

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
The UI and overclocking module is real

http://everythingn9.com/opptimize-for-nokia-n9/
There's a bit that says he has inside knowledge not to overclock past 1.2ghz... Yet supposedly other phones using that OMAP processor have gone higher with no problems. Can anyone confirm that going over 1.2ghz is not good?

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
There's a bit that says he has inside knowledge not to overclock past 1.2ghz... Yet supposedly other phones using that OMAP processor have gone higher with no problems. Can anyone confirm that going over 1.2ghz is not good?
Have you successfully overclocked your N9?

Originally Posted by JadHusin View Post
Have you successfully overclocked your N9?
I've installed everything i've had to from the inception site, am waiting for the overclock UI to be released before i overclock

I've installed everything i've had to from the inception site, am waiting for the overclock UI to be released before i overclock
Then could you please lend me a helping hand. I've installed inception_0.1.1_armel.deb, aegisctl_1.2_armel.deb and opensh_1.00_armel.deb. But the problem is that I can't seem to incept them all. I'm at my wit's end. And there'd be no UI if I overclocked the N9? This is my first time doing this. Need some guide lol

Originally Posted by JadHusin View Post
Then could you please lend me a helping hand. I've installed inception_0.1.1_armel.deb, aegisctl_1.2_armel.deb and opensh_1.00_armel.deb. But the problem is that I can't seem to incept them all. I'm at my wit's end. And there'd be no UI if I overclocked the N9? This is my first time doing this. Need some guide lol
All you have to do is the following:

Install inception (which you've done)

Go to terminal. Type:

devel-su -c /usr/sbin/pasiv

Go to the inception site in your web browser on your n9 and download the opensh file and aegiscti file

Incept them by typing the following in to terminal:

devel-su
rootme (that's your default password)
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
/usr/sbin/incept opensh_1.00_arml.deb
rootme

then

devel-su
rootme
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
/usr/sbin/incept aegisctl_1.2_armel.deb
rootme

and voila! both of those files are incepted. Just wait until the Opptimizer program is released, then you'll be able to overclock easily

Last edited by Dared; 2012-04-23 at 11:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
devel-su
rootme
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
/usr/sbin/incept aegisctl_1.2_armel.deb
rootme

and voila! both of those files are incepted. Just wait until the Opptimizer program is released, then you'll be able to overclock easily
this part, i cant incept.. its said that does not allow it..

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post:
Not sure then what you're doing wrong, i think before you incept you have to install the files like you would a normal application, and then incept

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Until it's stood the test of time it's pretty hard to confirm that you wont do damage to your cpu, hell even at 1.05 you should probably expect the cpu's life to be slightly reduced compared to stock frequency, but realistically how do you confirm that until a few years down the track, even then it would be pretty hard to prove conclusively.

It's hard to go exactly off other phones results as the conditions the cpu lives with aren't necessarily the same, they should obviously be a good guide though.

I haven't noticed anyone else report this so far, well besides something rainisto said way earlier that may be taken similarly, but on my N9, at 1.2ghz I find it stable with or without smart reflex, well that's normal but bump it up to even 1.225 and I eventually get a reboot even if it's not for a day or two, I'm yet to spend any time playing with the voltages mind you.