Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I wouldn't include you in the conversation about what to do, frankly.
I tought this was an inclusive and open community.. anyway, qgil makes valid point.

I don't know about you guys but I don't come to this forum to read about windows phones. I really wouldn't mind some heavy handed moderation to keep those discussions where they belong be it off topic, competitors or whatever. The same goes all thread highjacking not just the wp stuff.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
I tought this was an inclusive and open community.. anyway, qgil makes valid point.

I don't know about you guys but I don't come to this forum to read about windows phones. I really wouldn't mind some heavy handed moderation to keep those discussions where they belong be it off topic, competitors or whatever. The same goes all thread highjacking not just the wp stuff.
you're on point timorph

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I had this problem since some time but it is hits me now even more since so many stuff is moved to offtopic...

I filter often worth-reading-posts by searching for posts with a high amount of thanks. Since they are deactivated in offtopic could we please change this behavior now finally?

In my opinion there is no need to deactivate the thanks button in the offtopic forum and it hurts more than it helps.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Reggie, just to be clear: I mean Lumia / WP related posts dropped out of context in threads about something else.

Maemomd, by "here" do you mean this thread? We don't really need those posts in a Community thread either. This is why I'm proposing to choose an existing thread in Competitors or to create a new one there.
No, I meant whatever thread you proposed, sorry for the confusion. Too many threads are being jacked by nonMaemo members at this point. I wish the admin could sanction these disruptive members or ban them altogether. Up to them though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Lumia and non-Maemo/MeeGo discussions truly belong in Competitors. I won't talk about the move(s) to Off-Topic, if it fits, so be it. Makes it harder for me to find where the posts are located at times.
The solution is for participants to be civil, mature and on-topic as much as can be reasonably expected. When I say that, note that I've always been a supporter of occasional deviations that let a thread "breathe" or defuse tensions... as long as the thread returns to something productive. Unfortunately, some posts act like a cancer cell and if they resonate with enough participants, it's off to Off Topic the thread ends up going once the cancer spreads. I don't like it, but sometimes there's no other recourse.

/back on topic

Last edited by Texrat; 2012-05-03 at 18:57.

Sorry, but exactly where are the countless Lumia discussions that apparently are flooding this board?

So far I haven't seen a single one, but I guess that's just me

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Sorry, but exactly where are the countless Lumia discussions that apparently are flooding this board?

So far I haven't seen a single one, but I guess that's just me
As noted, moved. See Off Topic for at least one. Don't be confused by thread titles, though (which should give you a hint)