Active Topics

Notices

So I was successful in installing Snowshoe, but it seems as though the touch screen axis are inverted or messed up somehow. For instance, flicking the screen up doesn't scroll down the page as one would expect it to, rather flicking to the left scrolls down. I'm not sure if some package for qt5 didn't install properly or what the deal is. Anyone else experience this?

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Didn't work for me either getting installation interrupted all the time I retried.

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
installation interrupted here too. anybody able to get a workaround?

can someone share the .deb?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
installation interrupted here too. anybody able to get a workaround?
Hmmm,for me it works.

Code:
RM696-07-1_PR_001:~# dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/qt5-repository_0.1_all.deb
Code:
wget -O - http://qtlabs.org.br/~lmoura/qt5/conf/Qt5N9.gpg.key | apt-key add -
Code:
apt-get update
Code:
apt-get install snowshoe-mobile
Thats it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to superjunior For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by superjunior View Post
Hmmm,for me it works.

Code:
wget -O - http://qtlabs.org.br/~lmoura/qt5/conf/Qt5N9.gpg.key | apt-key add -
Thats it.
Yes, adding that key does the trick, thank you. wget is not installed by default though.

The Following User Says Thank You to smph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
I've tried it, very very slow. UI is good looking, but not very useful.

How to install:

1. Download and install: http://qtlabs.org.br/~lmoura/qt5/con...ry_0.1_all.deb

2. Open MeeCatalog, reload catalogs.

3. Select Snowshoe package in MeeCatalog, install.

4. Done.

So no one else who has tried Snowshoe has experienced the bizarre mixed up axis when it comes to scrolling around a web page? I just tried reinstalling on a freshly flashed n9 (emmc as well) and I have the same problem as before. That in and of itself makes the browser completely unusable as far as I'm concerned. I really wanted to try and give it a shot, too. If anyone has a possible fix for my issue, I'm all ears!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
The browser looks really nice but it is not usable atm. I also have that scrolling issue which seems like it's made for landscape use only.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
The browser looks really nice but it is not usable atm. I also have that scrolling issue which seems like it's made for landscape use only.
Snowshoe, Qt5 and QtWebKit are under heavy development and it's normal that bugs appears at this stage.

About the scrolling issue, it's a known QtWebKit problem and it's being worked on.

Late last week we uploaded Qt5 packages without debug symbols and it improved the startup time. These packages (qt5-*) have a "b1" suffix to the version. You may have to update them (apt-get install "qt5-*") directly on the terminal as they are not listed on the application catalog.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lauromoura For This Useful Post: