Notices

Miten/pystyykö Mapsiin lisämään layerina:

http://tiles.kelkkareitit.fi/kelkkareitit/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

Feature request:
Could it be possible to set Mapsi to save the track periodically to the disk, like every 5 minutes.

N9 has very bad battery in low temperatures (well below zero, like -20 C) and it often happens that the phone runs out of battery. This kills all the tracking information.

Since gpx file is easy to edit to append the ending markings, a trunkated file is not a problem.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Any chances of oflline routing

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Any chances of oflline routing
I thought mapsi is more to do with hiking / geo-caching than driving.

In any case, if you try routing with multiple waypoints, the result is fragmented. Perhaps multiple waypoint is not the design usage, however....

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
N900 rupee olemaan kohta vaihtokunnossa. Mikä on viimeisin tieto Mapsin toiminnasta Lumia puhelimissa? Vai pitääkö siirtyö N9 - jos niitä vielä on myynnissä.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tarmo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tarmo View Post
N900 rupee olemaan kohta vaihtokunnossa. Mikä on viimeisin tieto Mapsin toiminnasta Lumia puhelimissa? Vai pitääkö siirtyö N9 - jos niitä vielä on myynnissä.
Lumiassa tulee tuskin koskaan toimimaan, mutta Android-version koitan saada julkaistua parin kuukauden sisään.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
^^???????????????

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
^^???????????????
I'm working on a Android version at the moment and hopefully get to release that before summer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
^^thanx for decrypting tha aliean lang lol good going keep tha project alive on maemo too

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Ok, I got this weird idea when thinking about Timenow clock addon and power consumption of the gps enabled device. Could it be done in software so that the GPS-chip would be most of the time off after the initial fix, and the map software would turn it on in user determined intervals and again turn it of after the fix. If the off period is short enough (60 secs) the new fix would be gotten very fast and major power savings could be achieved. I think the default N900 draws around 10-20mA when Mapsi is running without GPS and screen is of (almost as same as in idle), but when the GPS is active it draws 50-70mA, so it is 3 to 5 times more.

I think it would not affect the track logging as it is already a collection of point connected with straight lines? Of course you'd have to somehow disable the A-GPS feature for the additionals intervalled checks, so it would unneccessary open the internet connection when it already has the almost current almanac and rough estimate for the location (I'm assuming people would use this when hiking/biking/running, not in car where you have charger handy)

What do you people think? Is this too crazy?

Edit: corrected mAh to mA

Edit 2: Tried switching the GPS off and on in the Mapsi, and if it had good enough fix for the first time, it didn't open the internet connection for AGPS, so it might not have to be disabled at all.

Last edited by Kossuth; 2013-03-27 at 09:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post: