Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Hm, I have taken a look. I would love to make a binding for this, except... it's not a lib, it's a full example in C++. I'll ask harryF what's the deal, is this going to be a lib, or part of the QMaemo5 classes or...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Update:

Apparently the widget adapter was done as a creative Friday project by Qt folks, so it's not part of the official Qt distribution. BUT, don't despair:

<achipa>: sandman_: if remains as an example in e-d, people will just copypaste it, and then we will not be able to issue updates/fixes to it nor make bindings for it
<sandman_>achipa: Ralf doesn't know what Harald was/is up to wrt packaging, but we both agreed that a package containing the qt-loader plus a small lib for the qmaemo5homescreenadapter object would be best.
<sandman_>achipa: the correpsonding -dev package would also have the include file for the adapter lib (plus maybe the source for an example widget)
<achipa>sandman_: yes, great. It does not need to be 'officially supported' and all, we'll just stick it in Extras so people can use it and all will be well
So we're on the right track it seems. If this plan gets Harald's stamp of approval, we'll have the widget lib in Extras and that's something I can make a binding for. At that point say hello to Qt widget galore

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Took the opportunity to upgrade my OpenSuse machine to Qt4.7 and matching sip,scintilla,and eric versions while I'm waiting for this secret sauce

What an epic battle that was. I had to compile from source in the end as the KDE RPMs are all out of sync, but hooray we now have Qt4.6 dev environment ready to rock

Any news on this? I'm also looking to write some desktop widgets using python and qt.

Thanks.
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

It seems the optimism in my post above was premature. At this point, the status quo (just an example in extras-devel) remains for the necessary classes. At some point Python widgets might get possible, but there will be no standard way of doing them (e.g. widgets will not necessarily be able to switch betweed PyQt and PySide, new versions of Qt might break them, etc, etc). So for now, sadly, no good news for python widgets.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
there are any updates? can i dare to use pyqt desktop widgets?

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
Any news? Someone can point me to a good tutorial or at least to some examples?