Notices

Hello
We were said that N900 will support QT and then there will be flood of Application.

But after PR 1.3 update along with QT still there are no application.

So when there will be more application for N900

sorry for English

Thanks for reply

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Erm, there are lots of qt applications? there was qt applications before the upgrade!

PR1.3 brought with it the newer QT versions, of which i am using to upgrade healthcheck, and other people are developing with. But bear in mind.... It only came out a month or so ago! :P
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Here is one. Check it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
There are numerous excellent QT apps being created, developed and tested by the community. Feel free to join in and help.

Last edited by br1zer; 2010-11-30 at 22:20.

I really would like to learn on how to creat QT appz but I'm not a developper at all.
only a tech ingeneer, does you have any how-to or guide for noobs like me ?

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
I really would like to learn on how to creat QT appz but I'm not a developper at all.
only a tech ingeneer, does you have any how-to or guide for noobs like me ?
I second this! I'm not a ******, and can write and compile and run a simple C++ program, but when I try the nokia QT SDK nothing seems to work! all the guides and tutorials are mish mashed and half obsolete, and then there is supposed to be QML but it just seems to be abscent. I know I am no programmer but it seems abit of a mess still

The Following User Says Thank You to southwalesboy For This Useful Post:
agree there seem to be a lack of qt apps ... for exemple google earth is one such app but never made it to the n900

i will try to post a link to some training videos i found... when i get to my pc.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
My signature includes 5 applications I developed using Qt for maemo5 and one that I just packaged (Communi) but that is also a Qt application.

4 of them are on extras

EDIT: There are several other Qt applications on extras-devel. Some didn't make to extras yet. I have quite a few installed on my phone and some are very good!

Just to name a few that I think are qt based (didn't double check): appdownloader, tweego, Faster application manager, fast sms, FileBox, qgvdial, VICaR, ...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-11-30 at 23:26.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
My signature includes 5 applications I developed using Qt for maemo5 and one that I just packaged (Communi) but that is also a Qt application.

4 of them are on extras
Amazing work !
do you have some noobs website for me to learn QT dev ? starting from 0 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Amazing work !
do you have some noobs website for me to learn QT dev ? starting from 0 ?
The nice thing is, all you have to do is write an app in Qt. Aside from some screen size considerations, there is generally nothing different to do for a QT N900 app than there is for a desktop app. You just select a different compile target.

Here is a link to the wiki article I wrote on packaging Qt Creator apps: http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging_Qt_C...r_Maemo_Extras
It may give you some help in getting your app out to the rest of us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rulez, dickwad, go bada, in your butt, whining idiot