For the first wave, Jolla is only available in EU, Switzerland and Norway! That means for many of us living in the other half of countries, we are not among the first ones!

Personally I am disappointed. The point of pre-ordering is to be the first ones. Now, Jolla will be available on eBay before mine got shipped! But what can I do? I have no friends/family members in EU to ship my Jolla for me. So why not start a thread specifically for those of us waiting Jolla in TOH of worlds.

First question: Are you still sticking around and waiting for Jolla to be available in your country? Or are you planning to cancel the pre-order and eBay one?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
For the first wave, Jolla is only available in EU, Switzerland and Norway! That means for many of us living in the other half of countries, we are not among the first ones!

Personally I am disappointed. The point of pre-ordering is to be the first ones. Now, Jolla will be available on eBay before mine got shipped! But what can I do? I have no friends/family members in EU to ship my Jolla for me. So why not start a thread specifically for those of us waiting Jolla in TOH of worlds.

First question: Are you still sticking around and waiting for Jolla to be available in your country? Or are you planning to cancel the pre-order and eBay one?
Wasn't the point of the preorder to get an extra item (t-shirt, pipo (=cap)) alongside with the Phone?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

I'll wait until it's available, since otherwise you'll get no warranty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You know, at first there was a tinge of "Oh no, not this again" (in regards to how it was about the Nokia N9 and trying to locate one in the US) but it hit me. They perhaps don't have the resources yet, or perhaps overseas folks will get something different offered to us...

But now? I'm okay with whatever step of this process/waiting game I'm in right now... denial probably. It'll still happen, I just wonder if my enthusiasm will still be there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Yeah... many reasons to take the wait-and-see approach at this point. I'm leaning on maybe ordering immediately if Jolla will ship directly to me. Otherwise will be looking at resellers in the new year. I mean rolling the dice with 600 bucks at the moment is a little bit nuts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Wasn't the point of the preorder to get an extra item (t-shirt, pipo (=cap)) alongside with the Phone?
It would be better if I could show people the phone when they ask me what the T-shirt is about

Somehow the T-shirt does catch people's attentions.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You know, at first there was a tinge of "Oh no, not this again" (in regards to how it was about the Nokia N9 and trying to locate one in the US) but it hit me. They perhaps don't have the resources yet, or perhaps overseas folks will get something different offered to us...

But now? I'm okay with whatever step of this process/waiting game I'm in right now... denial probably. It'll still happen, I just wonder if my enthusiasm will still be there.
Probably has a bit to do with
(a) FCC cert
(b) investigating anything which might have patent issues
(c) not really caring as much about NA as iniital launch

In any respect, better to meter one's expectations than to jump up and down on a forum. There are enough footprints here from that happening with other releases.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
If I may say so, the strange thing regarding USA is that Jolla did send the merchandising bits and bolts. Now, does that mean that they will definitely launch a device before the deposit expires in 2014? Or will people just get a refund and a tshirt for free (if not at an expensive financial cost)?

I do see USA being as a big challenge for such a small company unless they already have people working on it, and they have a serious partner in the USA.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I do see USA being as a big challenge for such a small company unless they already have people working on it, and they have a serious partner in the USA.
Partner in USA? Wow! I was not aware of this! Who is it?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

tortoisedoc: that was me just speculating for the US folks....