Active Topics

By the show of hands or some magical tech polling app, can we have a number of people here actually hold some NOK this past year? And by holding, I mean direct conscious purchase, and not thought index baskets.

Too many talking heads, so would like to see who puts their money where their talk is.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
By the show of hands or some magical tech polling app, can we have a number of people here actually hold some NOK this past year? And by holding, I mean direct conscious purchase, and not thought index baskets.

Too many talking heads, so would like to see who puts their money where their talk is.
I've put my money where my talk is... not only did I NOT buy Nokia stock, but I even stopped buying their stuff altogether after the bluetooth headset I bought that they didn't feel like honoring the warranty for.. not to mention the whole parts, stylus and Maemo fiascos. Any opposing viewpoints? How has that stock purchase been? Did you sell it as soon as you could or are you still holding on to them on some kind of hope?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can't remember exactly, but I purchased stock in the low 7's USD and cashed out in the high 8's. So it's been a while for me, but I purchased stock. Still out to buy one single stock just to get a stock certificate to go along with my Macromedia stock certificate (now Adobe) for companies that might not be here in the next decade.

For the record, will not be purchasing NOK in the future. Nor MSFT. Nor AAPL for that matter. Tech stocks might be a bit volatile in the near future. Pure speculation.

Wait. Do I get at least a cookie for owning Nokia stock in the duration inquired about earlier?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wait. Do I get at least a cookie for owning Nokia stock in the duration inquired about earlier?
Yes, just make sure your browser can accept them.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Yes, just make sure your browser can accept them.
pfft. silly goose, those cookies are for noobs.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Seems more relevant in this thread than the one I found it in.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...skidmarks? (was a nice game btw) Maybe Lubeman can Swype™ them away, solely using his' Nokia stock papers! If he ever bought some, which i doubt.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lumiaman has left the building he returning when he is billionaire with his long term nokia strategy.

He will be one here and laugh at you and me. Telling us how many n9 and lumia he bought today.

I sold nokia a bit to early last time. Now what is the new break level?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha