Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
In the linked Howto, one of the most complicated i ever looked at there is no wording of flash the vanilla eMMC.
Please feel free to open a thread about how to flash the vanilla eMMC if you really need to flash it anyway. Make yourself about what version of Windows you are using, that capable help could be given.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
In the linked Howto, one of the most complicated i ever looked at there is no wording of flash the vanilla eMMC.
Please feel free to open a thread about how to flash the vanilla eMMC if you really need to flash it anyway. Make yourself about what version of Windows you are using, that capable help could be given.
i am using win xp sp2.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
I carefully reread the linked howto you are following:
7. Reflash
Reflash using flasher-3.5 to the latest firmware. Only use the FIASCO image. Flashing the eMMC will result in the usual partitions (which you can use to revert back to original partitioning).
Why do you want to flash the eMMC???

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
I carefully reread the linked howto you are following:

Why do you want to flash the eMMC???
but then how do i get back to original nokia partitioning (2 gb for applications, 27 the rest)?

whew, i done it from another computer(it seems there was a problem with my old pc)

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Install BackUp menu on N900, download & burn GPartEd live CD on computer, connect N900 to computer while booted to BackupMenu, start USB mass storage mode on N900, use GPartEd to correct your partion sizes, be happy.

I don't know how many times i will have to write this here...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I have changed my emmc file system to ext4 and I couldn't copy files there using ubuntu. I have tried such solutions as:
chmod 777 /home/user/MyDocs
and
On n900:
chown -R user:users /home/user/MyDocs
On Ubuntu:
sudo addgroup --gid 29999 n900
sudo adduser YourUserName n900
It works, now I can copy files to my n900 but I can't use them, they are grey in standard file manager. What I do wrong?

Sry for my English.

I have found the solution to problem myself, but it is extraordinary solution
I copied files using gnome-commander with root privileges to the phone, and wrote this in terminal:
chown user /home/user/MyDocs -R
reboot
Now I have access to all files that I copied

any hints for converting optfs to ext4? i do that , but the maemo doesn't use the partition for optfs

very nice and use full thanks
good work man

for those who messed up like ryu1 please follow the home fix and sure it will work