Active Topics

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Saw a co-worker having it last week when I was on a business trip.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Not seen anybody with n900 in Bracknell, Uxbridge vicinity in UK . :-)
We could be the closest owned N900s apart from a mobile phone shop in Camberley at the moment. I am about 6 miles from Bracknell.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by biggzi View Post
I was stood next to a guy on the underground a couple of weeks ago. He was in a world of his own watching some kind of TV show on his N900. I felt like saying something to him but thought better of it as it did seem a lil gay Instead I pulled out my N900 and started playing with it in the hope he would make contact, but he didn't
... awwww ... I'm starting to think my fellow n900 owners are a properly shy bunch ... I've not seen another n900 out in the wild yet, but I think someone would have to gag me to stop me jumping on the owner and commenting on the fabulousness of their choice in mobiles ...

... if anyone notices me using my n900 out and about please feel free to make contact! ... I really don't jump on poor unsuspecting strangers ... least not often!

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Not yet...

Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Without taking this too far off topic, does anyone have any figures (or hell, even just a guess) about how many N900s have been sold so far?
Of course Finland isn't exactly right country to be asking about global sale figures of N900, but largest phone retailer here seems to be still swimming on the N900 preorders.
When N97 was announced there was 3-4 preorders in the next 3 days. When N900 came available for preorder(1 or 2 days after announcement) in that store i called them in what position i was in line and they mentioned they had over 300 preorders already.

Thought it can't have been sold much in the Q4 simply because there wasn't enough devices out there.

That goes for me too.

If anyone sees me on the Northern Line in London, feel free to bother me :-)

My Blog

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I've never seen anything but a couple of web-based adverts for the N900 - I've never seen a N900 advertisement in any other form of media over here in the UK. Really not sure who Nokia are aiming it at, but clearly they're not yet going for the mainstream buyer and with such a low profile I can't imagine sales have been exactly stellar (now that the initial post-launch rush has died down).

Good to know that some adverts are appearing on the Underground though, I'll keep my eye out... if you see anyone using an N900 on the Northern Line, it's probably me...

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
@pisthpeeps

might see me walking about with mine, go shopping in uxbridge

@biggzi

again, might be me on my way home from work!

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I've yet to see any in the hands of a stranger, but I have 2 friends, and 3 co-workers that has one.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
That goes for me too.

If anyone sees me on the Northern Line in London, feel free to bother me :-)
N900 party on the Northern Line...