Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ new zealand
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
The external charger and batteries thing is not a permanent solution as I found to my detriment. First it is very frustrating having to change batteries everyday. Some may not mind but I got really tired of it. More importantly what if the usb port finally dies? With the N900 it is almost certain you will need to reflash at some point. I was using the external charger and spare batteries for three months but then I bricked my device. If I was out of warranty I would have been left with a $625 brick.

i got me a mugen 2400mah battery for my n900 my flat worries are over, can play on it 3 hours+ non stop still last all day down side its a bit fat and heavy but i am use to it now

Originally Posted by cokeman View Post
i got me a mugen 2400mah battery for my n900 my flat worries are over, can play on it 3 hours+ non stop still last all day down side its a bit fat and heavy but i am use to it now
It is very fat and heavy, I would not dare to put that.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
not that meego and pr 1.3 are coming... get another one again....

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
I did not siad is a spouse, I like the phone and specialy OS but, what after a year of use, charching port goes bad again.
I would love that. New N900 for free
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:42.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
i just ground off the sharp pegs on my micro usb. now theres no friction atall.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ new zealand
Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
It is very fat and heavy, I would not dare to put that.
haha yeps but its that vs getting flat in half a day what i found with the original even with tweaking it ......

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
The external charger and batteries thing is not a permanent solution as I found to my detriment. First it is very frustrating having to change batteries everyday. Some may not mind but I got really tired of it.
Comparing to the external charger of YOUR iPhone, which requires you to pre-charge the charger, and then plug the charger into your iPhone for actual charging. When you're on the move, YOUR iPhone chargers took TWICE as much time to charge a single freaking battery inside YOUR iPhone. And your external charger is cumbersome; a spare battery is light.

More importantly what if the usb port finally dies? With the N900 it is almost certain you will need to reflash at some point. I was using the external charger and spare batteries for three months but then I bricked my device. If I was out of warranty I would have been left with a $625 brick.
Good point!

What if your USB port of YOUR iPhone finally died? Can you swap your battery? You could continue to use N900 without USB for three months, all you can do with YOUR iPhone in the same situation is to send it back for repair.

If you've problem with the warranty, talk to Nokia, not here, provided that you actually OWNED a N900.

Last edited by 9000; 2010-10-17 at 06:40.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Comparing to the external charger of YOUR iPhone, which requires you to pre-charge the charger, and then plug the charger into your iPhone for actual charging. When you're on the move, YOUR iPhone chargers took TWICE as much time to charge a single freaking battery inside YOUR iPhone. And your external charger is cumbersome; a spare battery is light.

Good point!

What if your USB port of YOUR iPhone finally died? Can you swap your battery? You could continue to use N900 without USB for three months, all you can do with YOUR iPhone in the same situation is to send it back for repair.

If you've problem with the warranty, talk to Nokia, not here, provided that you actually OWNED a N900.
You have a very confrontational stance which I do not know what is bringing this on. What is your problem?

And why are you talking about iphone? Did I say anything about iphone? I don't care how you get around the usb port issue on the iphone. Never owned an iphone and never will. And the OP was not considering getting an out of warranty iphone so you bringing the iphone into the equation was pointless and shows your fanboyism. In any event I have not heard of usb port becoming faulty as a common iphone problem.

As for your saying I talk to Nokia yes my N900 has been with Nokia over a month and it will be over another month before they get a replacement. But that is besides the point. My post was a warning to the OP. It was not about me. And why do I need to warn him? If you are out of warranty Nokia will not repair your usb port even if you want to pay for it to be repaired. If you brick the device that is the end. You are left with a very expensive brick. Be warned. I am sure other phone manufacturers would repair out of warranty phones.

Maybe if you did not have such fanboyism you would have understood the purpose of my post.

Last edited by etuoyo; 2010-10-17 at 11:08.

I like my N900, but Samsung Captive looks cool too. It was my second choice.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
You have a very confrontational stance which I do not know what is bringing this on. What is your problem?
Then what's your problem? In the beginning we've empathy to your issues with N900 but very soon we found that all you did was complaining and show no intention to fix what you're complaining of. You show up on every post to complain and repeat your problems which should have been solved, or people were trying to help you to solve months ago. What's your problem??

And why are you talking about iphone? Did I say anything about iphone? I don't care how you get around the usb port issue on the iphone. Never owned an iphone and never will. And the OP was not considering getting an out of warranty iphone so you bringing the iphone into the equation was pointless and shows your fanboyism. In any event I have not heard of usb port becoming faulty as a common iphone problem.
If you've never owned an iPhone please do not repeatedly compare N900 with iPhone. You're famous for your active N900 vs iPhone comparisons you know that?

As for your saying I talk to Nokia yes my N900 has been with Nokia over a month and it will be over another month before they get a replacement. But that is besides the point. My post was a warning to the OP. It was not about me. And why do I need to warn him? If you are out of warranty Nokia will not repair your usb port even if you want to pay for it to be repaired. If you brick the device that is the end. You are left with a very expensive brick. Be warned. I am sure other phone manufacturers would repair out of warranty phones.
What's YOUR usb problem has anything to do with OP's question? You're just sneaking every chance to repeat your problems that nobody want to care anymore.

Maybe if you did not have such fanboyism you would have understood the purpose of my post.
It's very childish of you to call anyone who oppose to you fanboy. This IS N900 forum for God's sake. Most of us here is trying to help people solving problems with N900. If you're here just wasting time to deflect people from using N900, from considering N900 with false facts, then I've to say you're asking for humiliation.

Tags
faulty usb, microusb