Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
You can wait and see if SCUD makes a battery for it, else search for Polarcell they make battery“s for many phones and have a high capacity for their size, SCUD have a high capacity in the N900, but that is due to them being thickeir (but still fitting)

Other thing to wait for is when some company makes a XL battery and XL cover, this could be mugen or if you check DealExtreme and places like that, can be anybody.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Oh, just buy SGS2 and buy a Mugen battery for that. Then if you really are into reasonable challenges, port Meego to that SGS2.

And in the future, do not buy phones, like N9 or any Lumia, which have not easy-replacable battery and not easy back cover.
Marko Ahtisaari may think they are pretty when batteries are unreplacable and deep hidden, but they are not suitable for a heavy user.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
Well if you don't ask then you will not know, thats how people learn, by asking and having ideas
I just don't get why people don't know how to use search engines, like it only took 2 minutes to dig different battery pictures with google.

It's not like Nokia would put some low capa battery into their device and would save 2 pennies per device. Of course there is max capa battery that fills the room that is avail in the device.

One can always hope that someone makes bigger cover, or you can drill hole to your cover and connect to power cables and glue bigger battery to back of the phone. Or you can make external batterypack that connects to micro-usb connection.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-25 at 10:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
You can wait and see if SCUD makes a battery for it, else search for Polarcell they make battery“s for many phones and have a high capacity for their size, SCUD have a high capacity in the N900, but that is due to them being thickeir (but still fitting)

Other thing to wait for is when some company makes a XL battery and XL cover, this could be mugen or if you check DealExtreme and places like that, can be anybody.
thanks for the tips.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I just don't get why people don't know how to use search engines, like it only took 2 minutes to dig different battery pictures with google.

It's not like Nokia would put some low capa battery into their device and would save 2 pennies per device. Of course there is max capa battery that fills the room that is avail in the device.

One can always hope that someone makes bigger cover, or you can drill hole to your cover and connect to power cables and glue bigger battery to back of the phone. Or you can make external batterypack that connects to micro-usb connection.
I actually created this thread from my phone, things dont work on phones as they work on computer.
The drill hole idea is interesting because I think a kill switch would do well on n9(for personal reasons) a tiny hole in the back. Kill switch. But gota think about it.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Oh, just buy SGS2 and buy a Mugen battery for that. Then if you really are into reasonable challenges, port Meego to that SGS2.

And in the future, do not buy phones, like N9 or any Lumia, which have not easy-replacable battery and not easy back cover.
Marko Ahtisaari may think they are pretty when batteries are unreplacable and deep hidden, but they are not suitable for a heavy user.
I care about the look of the device S2 i dont like so much. I like the n9 design because its different. All phones have the same design now-a-days but N9/lumia 800 have a fresh design. Lets hope nokia dont over use that design. As for internal battery sadly. Most companies are following the apple. Even sony started doing the internal battery thing.

Why would you drill a hole in your phone to connect a power switch? Why not buy a development board if you need that?

Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
I care about the look of the device S2 i dont like so much. I like the n9 design because its different. All phones have the same design now-a-days but N9/lumia 800 have a fresh design. Lets hope nokia dont over use that design. As for internal battery sadly. Most companies are following the apple. Even sony started doing the internal battery thing.
Are you a girl? Design?
Design is ~ok, as long as it doesn't harm fuctionality and usability like deeply integrated non-changeable and non-upgradable battery and backcovers do. Then those "girls" whine they have too small battery life, but it has to be superthin and "beautiful".
I hope Samsung never goes to that same trap where Nokia went.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Are you a girl? Design?
Design is ~ok, as long as it doesn't harm fuctionality and usability like deeply integrated non-changeable and non-upgradable battery and backcovers do. Then those "girls" whine they have too small battery life, but it has to be superthin and "beautiful".
I hope Samsung never goes to that same trap where Nokia went.
Am i a girl, No, I just like having nice things, that do nice things... Simple, everyone is different, so if your idea is different, that is OK, You can have an ugly thing that does alot, and thats fine... But if i am going to spend £300+ on a smartphone, it has to look and do nice things...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashbeck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post

Ok i went to the Mugen site and i found a 1800 mAh battery, which i believe can fit the N9 battery Bay, the thing about the N9 And Lumia design is that, the batteries can be a bit fatter, but not longer or wider, and i found a 1800 battery that fits this, One problem is that, i might have to get the converter connector cables.

So i will have to do a bit of thinking, How i would be able to join the converter cables, (Which don't seem that hard) without short circuiting the battery.

Thanks Man!

> I might sound crazy, Maybe i am, but if you want something, Go for it.

Source for nokia N9 info FCC

> DISCLAIMER, PEOPLE, I AM NOT SAYING OPEN YOUR PHONE AND DESTROY IT. THINK BEFORE YOU DO THINGS, OK, TAKE TIME AND THINK ABOUT IT CAREFUL IF THE GAIN IS WORTH IT, OPENING YOUR N9 WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND IF YOU ARE NOT PATIENT, YOU MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR <
Attached Images

Last edited by Ashbeck; 2012-03-25 at 21:41.

Tags
battery, nokia n9