Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
To me at least its about the UI more than anything.
To me also. But they are the ones who talked about android. I don't need it there. I don't want it there. Already have 3 androids.
So if they actually talked about native development and native aplications that we can expect on day one then I wouldn't mine the qHD that much (I'm more or les fine with the rest) but for now they lost me. We'll see how it will go but only fancy OS with gestures isn't something that I want. And for android apps I'm already covered and I can live without gestures for 400€.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
2100 mah? I bought a phone two years ago with 2500 mah. This is devices is a glorified poop. The thing that is cool is the OS. The hw and price is ****.

OK. Im now done with my initial disappointment day one and are ready to move on to a preorder/shipment thread.

Did I mention my 3GB...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
1 GB RAM is a big design flaw. Think of multitasking both Qt- and Android-applications at the same time. swap-memory won't save them from a bad user experience.

edit:
And I don't think there could be "an other half" of extra 1 or 2 GB RAM, which would be of course nice and fix the problem.
I agree with Estel. Its time for people to learn to optimize they'r code and free memory when not use it etc...

Mobiles is not desktop where you have alot memory, cpupower and can eat power without thinking about battery.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
for a normal user 1gb ram is enough. what disappoints me is screen resolution. it should have been atleast 720P. but overall good specs.
Dont agree.

* bigger resoultion is eating more battery
* Bigger resolution is just overhyped like xxxx mpix on mobile cameras.

What WILL disapoint me is if the camera is less good than N9 by that I mean ISO not mpix. I hope it has decent light inhouse...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-09-19 at 21:08.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Why do they have to use a Qualcomm chip? They could have used Mediatek's quad A7 at 1.2GHz and a SGX544. They should have increased the RAM to at least 1.5GB and a 720p display would have captured a larger market. The one thing that bugs me is the bezel. If they shrink that a bit it would have been a much prettier device.

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Why do they have to use a Qualcomm chip? They could have used Mediatek's quad A7 at 1.2GHz and a SGX544. They should have increased the RAM to at least 1.5GB and a 720p display would have captured a larger market. The one thing that bugs me is the bezel. If they shrink that a bit it would have been a much prettier device.
Because they got the batch from Lumiaphones because Nokia did not sell well

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
So without VAT its around 300 euros. I think the specs are more or less appropriate for the price. Certainly not a bargain though.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
I'll wait ...i hope OS Sailfish running Xperia.

I found the screen with low resolution...quality camera / audio ? ... we have to wait the tests.

The hardware seems a little better N9.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's too expensive as it stands now. If it behaves like Nokia phones, the price will drop dramatically in few months, but 2010 specs are not worth $550.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
* Bigger resolution is just overhyped like xxxx mpix on mobile cameras.
While it is often overhyped, it does make difference in all scenes where there are a lot of thin lines, such as lots of text or comic book/manga pages.

From my experience with the BB10 Z10 screen, which is 1280x768, you get a larger amount of readable text on the screen at once. You can also easily read manga/comic book pages in landscape with fit-to-width and almost read them in portrait with fit-to-screen.
But indeed, a "HD" screen is not a dealbreaker, just nice to have.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
* bigger resoultion is eating more battery
Well, that is indeed possible - both due to physically switching more pixels and rendering graphics in higher resolution.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: