Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I'm sure I read somewhere OMAP3530
I can 100% guarantee you it's not an OMAP3530.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
i'm sure i read somewhere omap3530, but a) can't find it again and b) they seem to be playing the detail of it close to their chest. Definitely an omap3, though.
omap3430.
_____

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I can 100% guarantee you it's not an OMAP3530.
My sources say that is a OMAP 3430 processor .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by chlettn View Post
After the initial wow I gotta say that the hardware has some crucial lackings - fixed 8GB internal memory and the lackluster cam and lack of video recording is disappointing.

The OS/UI looks really interesting, though. Hopefully Palm will pair it with better hardware at some point.

Also, it is apparently set to sell for 399$ with a Sprint contract - that's not exactly cheap...
http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/01/0...399-on-sprint/
8G internal sounds fine to me. How much do our Nokia tablets have? Not exactly expensive, either.. again, how much did our Nokia tablets go for when they were new?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Wow, so nice. Hopefully the HSDPA version won't be tied to a single operator in Europe...
It is not legal, and in some countries such as Greece, you won't find them sold in that way. A vacation to Greece solves your problem. For an iPhone, Switzerland and Belgium are also viable options.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
8G internal sounds fine to me. How much do our Nokia tablets have? Not exactly expensive, either.. again, how much did our Nokia tablets go for when they were new?
N97 will have 32 GB internal, with 16 GB optionable (microSD). Total of 48 GB.

With current memory card prices, the tablets can have lots of memory, just like pretty much every other phone out there. Fixed internal memory only is just silly at this point.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
With current memory card prices, the tablets can have lots of memory, just like pretty much every other phone out there. Fixed internal memory only is just silly at this point.
I don't see anything about microSDHC or any kind of slot. It appears I was mistakenly thinking it had one. If it has a slot for memory, the 8GB is more than enough. If it does not get released with an SD or SDHC slot of some kind, then it will be a very, very disgusting oversight and a deal-breaker for most people. I may or may not want it then--personally, I'll probably be a little more ambivilent about whether I'd want it. Expandability for storage memory will be absolutely necessary if they intend to make a serious attempt to come back on top with this Palm Pre.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2316-1.htm

Yeah, 8GB internal and a card slot would just be fine, even only having a cardslot would be fine, with 16 & 32GB microSDs just around the corner.
The lack of external memory is a dealbreaker for me. I really, really like this phone, but 8GB (or rather, 7.4GB user accessible) is nowhere near enough. I want to use my phone as my music player, my navigation device, my video player and so on. All of that takes lots of memory, much more than it offers unfortunately.

I hate it when I'm all happy and thrilled about a device only to find out more and more shortcomings (no autofocus on the cam, no video recording, fixed memory...) that kill it again

I don't see anything about microSDHC or any kind of slot. It appears I was mistakenly thinking it had one. If it has a slot for memory, the 8GB is more than enough. If it does not get released with an SD or SDHC slot of some kind, then it will be a very, very disgusting oversight and a deal-breaker for most people. I may or may not want it then--personally, I'll probably be a little more ambivilent about whether I'd want it. Expandability for storage memory will be absolutely necessary if they intend to make a serious attempt to come back on top with this Palm Pre.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2316-1.htm
That depends what you're going to use it for. I honestly wonder what the hell people use 32 or 64 GB of storage for on a device like this. Your whole MP3 collection or something? A few videos, tons of applications, and some MP3 easily fit on a 8 GB device. If you already have a dedicated DAP (like an iPod) you don't need such feature on your Palm or Nokia device. As far videos, I watch 'em once perhaps twice, and then toss 'em.

OTOH, being able to import or export a large amount of data using a card is not possible on this device. If, however, the device has good syncing capabilities, that is partly mitigated.

I wonder if any Be Inc cruft made it somehow into this product. Software code, patented ideas, ...

The Maps icon in the second link of OP is the same as Google Maps on S60 (Java ME application).

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2009-01-09 at 23:32.