Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
it's not same model, identical doesnt mean same, and 99% you cant flash single sim firmware to dual sim variant

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
it's not same model, identical doesnt mean same, and 99% you cant flash single sim firmware to dual sim variant
Will this be an officially supported port following the current sailfish or is this one time port that Will diviate more and more without official future updates?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Does it make a difference whether I buy the Xperia X now or later? Are Jolla guys doing something that I can download and flash or something that I can buy from their store?

My finger points towards the first download option but the commercial dalvik part sounds like something that is not available for download for everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
Does it make a difference whether I buy the Xperia X now or later? Are Jolla guys doing something that I can download and flash or something that I can buy from their store?

My finger points towards the first download option but the commercial dalvik part sounds like something that is not available for download for everyone.
Plans haven't been announced yet, due later this month. I think Jolla will re-sell the Sony phone to the community. Sony have lots of unsold handsets and helps Jolla bring in some revenue for their porting efforts.

Rich

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Plans haven't been announced yet, due later this month. I think Jolla will re-sell the Sony phone to the community. Sony have lots of unsold handsets and helps Jolla bring in some revenue for their porting efforts.

Rich
I hope they include the phone, but I doubt it. Becouse then jolla must take responsibility for order, shipping, flashing, quality issues, refunds and so forth. But if they do also hope that they give a fair option to all tablet backers to put an end to that project.

120 Euro voucher if you buy phone and 100 if you like refund.

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-06-03 at 09:47.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by pexi View Post

A kind of answer here: https://twitter.com/ejjoman/status/866381797671751680

@ejjoman - 21 mai 2017
I need a new mobile phone contract. Should I order the Sony Xperia X directly with it or should I wait? @JollaHQ #Jolla #SailfishOS

@JollaHQ - 22 mai 2017
En réponse à @ejjoman

Given that our project is currently solely focused on the Xperia X, it would be a smart move. Although we do not have a release date yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
A kind of answer here: https://twitter.com/ejjoman/status/866381797671751680

@ejjoman - 21 mai 2017
I need a new mobile phone contract. Should I order the Sony Xperia X directly with it or should I wait? @JollaHQ #Jolla #SailfishOS

@JollaHQ - 22 mai 2017
En réponse à @ejjoman

Given that our project is currently solely focused on the Xperia X, it would be a smart move. Although we do not have a release date yet.
A smart move to what? To order or to wait?...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
A smart move to what? To order or to wait?...
Smart move is only given in special case of renewing your provider contract and the option of having a subsidzed handset.
The question was explicetly if @ejjoman wants to or can get a new Phone NOW, would it make sense to have a XX instead of another phone.

Some pages back i cited the tweet but made a joke that can be misunderstood as a general advice, only to troll dave. Sorry for misleading.

I conclude it is not decided within Jolla themselfes if they can publish the image or only sell preflashed devices.
Else one of the 3 persons asking officially would have gotten an answer.
Jolla is like "No answer" = undecided but we do not want to kill options.

Dave is right imho, hold your horses until further official notice, unless you can have it really cheap.
Sorry to hear @lantern. But you can propably exchange it or sell and buy single sim without much loss but the effort to do so?

Last edited by mosen; 2017-06-03 at 14:42.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Mosen. What's your thought about that jollas x model is removed from market within a month? In my area other x's have replaced the basic x even in webstores.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Well, X series fading out would only have had negative implication if the sony thing was planned to be some kind of break through attempt.
In that case they would have put much energy into a dead horse because the target audience needed for such endevour would yawn about outdated HW again and move on. correct?

But as Sony is a step stone on the way to juicey (paying) customers, it is a good thing that the device will fall in price soon so we as community can also profit by having the most fleshed out sfos device for rather cheap.

I do not think we (as end customers) are even primarily targeted by this device.
Making the community happy is a welcome by-product at this point.
Looks like the main plan is to finally show sfos on decent hardware because it is one thing to tell a client "Sure, it will behave much better on your high spec device than on this Aquafish i can show you here" than to actually demonstrate what you can do or already did.

And i can see another positive incentive.
As James wrote during meeting, it might raise Jollas interest to target even newer Sony modells.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-06-03 at 16:55.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x