Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
My Opera Mobile freezes and ceases to respond after a few seconds of browsing, 20 secs tops.
I have CSSU testing, with power kernel 49 (which reportedly makes Opera flicker, but not freeze), but it also happened with 48.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ben

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2012-05-05 at 13:10. Reason: solved

solution:
I was kindly advised from a helpful OM developer:
delete the OM profile directory: /home/user/.opera

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Thanks for posting this helpful bit here!
I was kind of doubting the performance of my phone, but now opera is flying again!

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Sorry which is the directory? Your say "delete the OM profile directory: /home/user/.opera" it is only .opera, or other folder.

And that more help erase this folder does not alter the operation of opera, history and others. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Sorry which is the directory? Your say "delete the OM profile directory: /home/user/.opera" it is only .opera, or other folder.
/home/user/.opera

just the one directory needs to be deleted.

And that more help erase this folder does not alter the operation of opera, history and others. Thanks in advance.

Not following. Could you rephrase your question? I'm just not sure what you mean..

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Thanks for posting this helpful bit here!
I was kind of doubting the performance of my phone, but now opera is flying again!
Glad it was useful to you. Since I never got a response ever, neither here nor in Opera or Nokia support forums, I thought no one else had this issue...

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Glad it was useful to you. Since I never got a response ever, neither here nor in Opera or Nokia support forums, I thought no one else had this issue...
Just as i now really read the date of your first post, ehem...
! might either not read this thread or must have been under the impression, to be not 'in the same boat', simply not aware of opera issues at that time in my phone...

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
I'm pretty sure that folder contains all your history and so on. You could use Opera Link, IIRC it at least saves your bookmarks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
I'm pretty sure that folder contains all your history and so on. You could use Opera Link, IIRC it at least saves your bookmarks.
Yes it does contain all that, passwords, speed dial, all personal settings, so those are going to be lost.
Opera Link can save logins/passwords, bookmarks, speed dial, search engines, blocked contents, notes and adresses you typed.... so that saved me having to do a lenghty backup before deleting the folder.