Active Topics

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Hi all

I've been following the neo900 project for quite a while now and I'd love to make a donation, but I'm not exactly clear on some of the details - most of the info I have found is understandably about transferring donations following the reorganisation.

If I make a donation now, will I be able to purchase one of the devices when they are first released?

Will the donation serve as a discount on the final price of the phone (I believe this was the original arrangement for early donations)?

Sorry if this information is already out there, I really did look for it and realise that it might not be explicit for legal reasons.

Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Short answer: yes and yes.

See here: http://neo900.org/donate

(I'm not affiliated with Neo900 development.)

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply foobar,

I saw that page and the thread it links to, but the thread isn't explicit about what happens if you're making a new donation... from what i can tell it basically says nothing has changed for existing donors although the legal details are being worked out.

I'm unclear on whether the "special conditions" thing applies only to existing transferred donations who donated before a certain date (kickstarter style) or if I'll be treated just the same as existing donors.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Thanks for your reply foobar,

I saw that page and the thread it links to, but the thread isn't explicit about what happens if you're making a new donation... from what i can tell it basically says nothing has changed for existing donors although the legal details are being worked out.

I'm unclear on whether the "special conditions" thing applies only to existing transferred donations who donated before a certain date (kickstarter style) or if I'll be treated just the same as existing donors.
There's no difference between old and new donations - except of course of their age, which will be taken into account when calculating the rebate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
There's no difference between old and new donations - except of course of their age, which will be taken into account when calculating the rebate.
Thanks for that!

So does a €100 donation today entitle you to less of a rebate than a €100 donation at the start of the project would have done? How does that work, and is the maths of it explained anywhere?

Thanks for that!

So does a €100 donation today entitle you to less of a rebate than a €100 donation at the start of the project would have done? How does that work, and is the maths of it explained anywhere?
There is an "interest" growing with each month, as a bonus for early supporters. Basically rules haven't changed too much from the GDC era, but it's not explained anywhere now in any "official way" - however, that should change in the near future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
There is an "interest" growing with each month, as a bonus for early supporters.
So does that mean that if I donate €100 I'll get a €100 rebate on the final product, but someone who donated €100 earlier will get more than €100 rebate?

Or does everyone lose a chunk of what they donate?

So does that mean that if I donate €100 I'll get a €100 rebate on the final product, but someone who donated €100 earlier will get more than €100 rebate?

Or does everyone lose a chunk of what they donate?
The first one - thanks to interest, the rebate value will be larger than donation value.

Also - it applies to new donations as well, as it increases with every month.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Cool

Thanks for explaining - I know this info was likely to make its way onto the site soon but I wanted to donate now - now I feel like I can!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Just donated

Thanks again!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post: