Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Its like saying that Obama caused economic collapse in America.
He did. Bush is the best ever. Just like Windows Phone. It's the best ever.

Anyway, interesting article that confirms a lot of the rumors that wafted through these forums in one form or another (confirmed or unconfirmed).

The inner-struggles explains a lot of the implicit anger from some Nokians that seemed to be fighting to swim upstream a river of crap. Oh well, the collapse was inevitable, the market wanted something new, I hope that Nokia finds it of else they'll be a memory rather soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You didnt seem to understand the article. NOKIA was going to be number 100. pre-Elop guys new it and jumped ship. Elop is the fall guy if thinks fail, he is a hero if they succeed. Blame pre-Elop Nokia, not Elop. Its like saying that Obama caused economic collapse in America.
He didn't bring Nokia to the mess it is internally, but, he hasn't helped either.
Let's face it, the only Lumia to make an impression is the 920 and only because of the PureView.
Even their sales state clearly that Lumia hasn't sold much.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SynergyX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lol, you guys always comes to elop vs pre elop stuff. Always end up in same discussion

Atleast one Good post from a inside nokia insider before the mess.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-11 at 21:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Once again:

untill fall 2011 , Nokia was at #1
This is absolutely correct. Look at the numbers in Tommi Ahonen's new blog article here:

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...-elop-now.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaelmhk View Post
If I Recall Correctly, there has internal struggles between even symbian teams also. Each Symbian device supported by a specific team. In addition to nokia own proprietary api, most symbian device have poorly api compatibility. e.g. query wrong screen resolution etc.
This is correct. Symbian is divided into branches.
If problem was found in one branch release it was that persons responsibility to notify other related branches. This caused finger pointing when trying to issue fix sometimes because if the person noticing a problem was seen as "below" the other engineers, they did not carry the same influence in their reports. The problem was maybe only they see it because they did something wrong. They were seen being below other engineer teams in skill level. It was not uncommon for verbal insults to be thrown due to egos.
Meanwhile problem turns into valid bug and gets released...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Plankku For This Useful Post:
All I hope is for the Jolla leadership to learn from these mistakes. They will hopefully have a focus and strong leadership to get projects accomplished. But coming from a dysfunctional background can be a problem. It's like a drunk hoping to reach enough sobriety to accomplish his daily task. Is Jussi Hurmola the right leader? Don't know. I guess we will find out. I am skeptical.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
This is absolutely correct. Look at the numbers in Tommi Ahonen's new blog article here:

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...-elop-now.html
Number 1 selling Taleban phones...not a statistic to be proud

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
search

shipments

*Check the dates in 2nd image. Check @ end of 2010 , early 2011. When Ellop talked about the "burning platform" @ wp strategy.

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-10-11 at 22:12.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Shipments != sales

Nokia was turning to sh1t with or without Flop. He's just a pantomime villain.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
search

shipments

*Check the dates in 2nd image. Check @ end of 2010 , early 2011. When Ellop talked about the "burning platform" @ wp strategy.
Taleban phones. Who wants them now? Greeks?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: