Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I agree this should be fixed. Last week I played a video with a raunchy title and forgot to wipe it. Then I went to a shop to buy a data cable for my N9 and the saleslady "auntie" took my phone to test that it works. She saw the title and looked at me like I'm a perv. I was embarrassed and humiliated.

I'm not a programmer but it looks like a minor job to wipe off the title when video is quitted. Please fix it, Thomas.
The problem with this is that the video app (or a contextkit provider) doesn't remove the title when playback is stopped. All Billboard does is read the Media.NowPlaying contextkit property. I'll see what I can do, but no promises, especially since querying the active applications and monitoring what is closed and so on could lead to decreased battery life, so I might end up not fixing it for battery consumption reasons (just relying on contextkit makes sure that the display is only updated when something changes, and also that Billboard doesn't have to do any additional monitoring, which is light on the battery).

If you have to watch videos with titles that you are embarrassed about, just take a few seconds afterwards to open the music player and start/stop a song - this will clear the display. Or just remove the currently-playing media fields from your Billboard settings

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Or even better rename those files

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Hey there!

As mentioned on friday, I tested the "today-events"-option with several calendars throughout the weekend. These are my findings:

(1) there are no problems with different calendars. In my case, there are five of them, all shown properly on the lps after booting!

(2) ... but, when I add a new calendar item, the today-events don't get updated! This is independent on the sync-details - I tried everything from daily to every ten minutes. In fact, that's the explanation for all my issues posted before.
Workaround: After rebooting the device, the newly added events show up!

(3) Unfortunately, recurrent events do not show up at all in today-events. Only one-time events are displayed on the screen. Maybe they are stored in another format, and have to be read out differently?

I hope, you will find a solution here. I like the fact, I don't even have to unlock my phone to check my dates. But these issues make this feature not reliable. :-(

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by standop View Post
As mentioned on friday, I tested the "today-events"-option with several calendars throughout the weekend. These are my findings:
Thanks for taking the time to testing this, and explaining what you did and what the results were - this helps tremendously in debugging!

(2) ... but, when I add a new calendar item, the today-events don't get updated! This is independent on the sync-details - I tried everything from daily to every ten minutes. In fact, that's the explanation for all my issues posted before.
Workaround: After rebooting the device, the newly added events show up!
Have you also tried waiting for a few minutes (up to 60) to see if the events show up? For battery usage reasons, some events are cached (for max. 1 minute) and not updated all the time, but after 30-60 minutes (because of the system-aligned timer), both Billboard and the event caches should have refreshed at least once.

Try this:
  • Add a new event
  • Wait for at least 1 minute
  • Change the text color in Billboard to force an update

(3) Unfortunately, recurrent events do not show up at all in today-events. Only one-time events are displayed on the screen. Maybe they are stored in another format, and have to be read out differently?
Yes, could be. I thought I have tested recurrent events with my Uni calendar, but could be that the Uni just "decomposes" the recurrences in the ICS export...

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Have you also tried waiting for a few minutes (up to 60) to see if the events show up? For battery usage reasons, some events are cached (for max. 1 minute) and not updated all the time, but after 30-60 minutes (because of the system-aligned timer), both Billboard and the event caches should have refreshed at least once.
Yeah, I did waiting and all the stuff (color changing, starting the music player for song display, showing the battery level...). Unfortunately, the {today-events} section does not get updated.
BUT, what I found out just now: The regular {events} option does show the newly set up date! (I did not use that before, as I want to keep the lps as clean as possible)
So, I guess, it's just the {today-events} function that is buggy?!

Originally Posted by thp View Post
...could be that the Uni just "decomposes" the recurrences in the ICS export...
If your uni works as the one here in Cologne - that might be the case ;-)

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Hi,

first; thank you for that great application .
Second: about Calendar. I have 2 meetings, one for tomorrow and a second one for the day after tomorrow.
So your application is showing:
+1 1st meeting
+2 2nd meeting.

Ma question is: is there any way to set up the calendar view ? I mean how to set up the number of events displayed for instance?

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Anyone else have issues downloading the latest update from Ovi? The download just keeps failing for me.. Other apps update fine..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
well it got updated here fine... I did have a problem a few updates earlier but its all due to the store... What u can do is if the installation is failing, the .deb file should have been downloaded to /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/

pick it up from there and install it...

Received the update and it works fine ! Still have two different colours for the clock and text below it !!!! Looks quite inappropiate !!!!! Please include modifiying the colour of the clock also !!!!!
Regards !!

Received the update and it works fine ! Still have two different colours for the clock and text below it !!!! Looks quite inappropiate !!!!! Please include modifiying the colour of the clock also !!!!!
Regards !!