Notices

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
is it possible to access to this over the internet?
I wish it was able to stream live tv from tv card too
Both should be doable in Windows now too if VLC detects your dvb-card and can view it.

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
you can create low bitrate profile to stream over 3g. something like 384kbps should do.
Care to share your profile? I messed around with it yesterday and couldn't get a perfect one. Also if anyone else have something that works please post it, maybe that way ukki can add it as one of his profiles for 3g network. All those profiles there are for wifi.

try something like in the attached image
Attached Images

imagine pulling out N900 and showing your friends knots streaming your whole media collection over 3g.

i think some of mine would faint on the spot.

i managed to get knots to stream live tv from dvb-t usb stic via vlc! F*** orb! Knots is way better and deserves to be a paid app

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asidana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Ok, this is just not working for me (on XP Pro). Followed the directions yet running run.cmd gives me the following:

knots.rb:2in 'require': no such file to load -- webrick (LoadError) from knots.rb:2

I must be missing something simple, aren't I?

asidana thank you for that setting. I tried it and no audio and the image had artifacts all over. I tweaked it somewhat and came out with an almost flawless setting that seem to stream perfectly over the 3G network. I am sure there will be others that will tweak this some more to get a PERFECT setting. For now this is the setting that seems to work best and all the movies and recordings i threw at it i was able to stream almost flawlessly I am now living in heaven. Waited 2yrs for this
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
Ok, this is just not working for me (on XP Pro). Followed the directions yet running run.cmd gives me the following:

knots.rb:2in 'require': no such file to load -- webrick (LoadError) from knots.rb:2

I must be missing something simple, aren't I?
Pretty odd, ruby seems installed, but it can't find the webrick library, which should be bundled. Can you try redownloading the ruby package and copying it to knots folder again.

ukki, ajax interface on ie gets cached. you may want to add some random chars at the end of urls

another update about dvb-t media.
dvb-t freq.s gets removed from db if you click update collection from client. i believe because knots tries to find the file but cannot

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video