Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
Hi guys installed kp50 today and oc to 1.15ghz with reflex off no problems seems stable web browsing etc I don't use battery patch now causes it seems to reset the default oc back to 805mhz so uninstalled it. Well my n900 now flies like a rocket I use a high capacity Bluedream battery as recommended on this forum so I don't really notice major battery drains.But a big thanks for this I was just wondering is it possible to set the min oc to 125mhz instead of the default 265mhz? I have used the xlv setting with 1.1.5 ghz no smart reflex no problems at the moment.
Powered by blue dream

Nokia N810 32gb
CSSU Stable Latest
Telescope
Turbo Kernel

Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Hi guys installed kp50 today and oc to 1.15ghz
Planning to fry egg in Your N900, if You, even accidentally, run into 100% CPU usage for 15-20 mins, eh?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Planning to fry egg in Your N900, if You, even accidentally, run into 100% CPU usage for 15-20 mins, eh?
Right! It IS really possible to fry egg, because after even 5 minutes with 100% on 1150mhz temperature is almost 50 degrees!
If someone doesn't know how to use this "1150" he shouldn't even touch this option.

@jutley, we know that your SR is off if you oc'ed to 1150

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
The temperature of battery chip (which is located somewhere on PCB) is 50 degrees, SoC itself is probably much heater, not to mention MPU itself. It may not be big danger for people - for example - painting with mypaint on 1150 mhz (as CPU isn't on 100% - yet, I still don't recommend it), but running that 100% time is risky - any random -devel (or not) program can get "Stuck" in 100% for extended while (until You kill it), while aircracking or similar tasks actually keep it 100% on purpose. There is almost no benefit in keeping it 1150 mhz instead of 900 mhz, yet temperature difference is colossal.

Goddamn fried egg lovers

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
There is almost no benefit in keeping it 1150 mhz instead of 900 mhz, yet temperature difference is colossal.

Goddamn fried egg lovers

/Estel
MOOOOORE POWAAAAAAH!
But seriously, for those out there who use 1150 as everyday clock speed, you might want to check what you really need.

805MHz with SRVDD1=1 and VDD2=1 gives just about the right balance of battery life and performance.
(noticeable hildon desktop load speed increase, bearable wait times when launching apps in Easy-Debian, etc.)

Also, beyond 805MHz, the Power-On Hours at those frequencies is (thoretically) exponentially lower.

how does your battery even survive for more than 2h at 805mhz? I barely get a day out of my n900 at default clock speed, with smartreflex enabled etc..

The Following User Says Thank You to JadeH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@woody
please read
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3222
thanks

@jutley

why don't you try to enable vdd1 wiith 1.5 ghz
your N900 will be even faster

please no body does what i have just said

Last edited by karam; 2012-05-01 at 06:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
guys,
you're missing something in jutley's post. he/she is in "Mars". it's a lot cooler there so there's the chance that the N900 won't heat up that fast.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Don't critisise him so, sometimes I'm using 1150 too (eg facebook browsing) but I have to say that dsp profile is very well (for me ofc, as everything in this community). Changing profile is very comfortable with desktop command execution widget.
Other problem with temperature is releated with battery, massive cpu usage - massive battery usage. Fastly discharging battery is getting hot. Try to connect both side of AA battery and check what happens

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JadeH View Post
how does your battery even survive for more than 2h at 805mhz? I barely get a day out of my n900 at default clock speed, with smartreflex enabled etc..
Overclocking often is done in conjunction with undervolting, so battery could even last more...

For example I use "ideal" profile, 500 - 850 Mhz, having 500 Mhz voltage lower than the stock Nokia 250 Mhz voltage (see here). So in theory my battery using ideal profile (idle at 500 Mhz) lasts more than your battery with stock voltages (idle at 250 Mhz)

So overclocking, if done with undervolting, should also result in longer battery life and preserve cpu, definitively...

If you want to try go here.

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali