Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Errrr.... then what are you doing flashing beta versions of custom kernels?
do you mean thats a custom kernal that was with usb hostmode beta ? what i wanna know is wheres the default kernal ? aren't we suppose to choose between kernals at startup ?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
You have fcamera installed, the devs need to compile the modules against kernel-hostmode's headers.
Uninstalling fcam-drivers and rebooting should solve it.
i can do that but is there any other side effects rather than the camera ?

Last edited by AgogData; 2010-11-09 at 03:23.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
kernel-power with hostmode added into it.
http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/hostmod..._2010/power40/
Download all packages there and dpkg -i them, no step by step tuts since it is after all... for power users.
I don't know why I didn't have luck with default kernel, but with power one I was finally able to see plugged USB stick in file manager.

Another thing, every time when I close h-e-n it also turns off my phone. Is this normal behavior?

Last edited by kolos; 2010-11-09 at 04:10.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
do you mean thats a custom kernal that was with usb hostmode beta ? what i wanna know is wheres the default kernal ? aren't we suppose to choose between kernals at startup ?

i can do that but is there any other side effects rather than the camera ?
As I write you on PM. You don't have to worry, feel free to experiment. I think nobody brick n900 using software. You can allways reflash - it is easy. Check the wiki for it.

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I don't know why I didn't have luck with default kernel, but with power one I was finally able to see plugged USB stick in file manager.

Another thing, every time when I close h-e-n it also turns off my phone. Is this normal behavior?
kolos, h-e-n closes everything you can't turn your phone off its auto-restart,,many games and applications crashes and theres a massive slowness and lagging,,,,i wish i had a time machine

how do i make it work with multiboot? It seems I screwed it up, and it says "Error: Can't flash kernel, required files not found"

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
If your phone turns off after closing hen then the battery ran out, when you close hen, bme is started again, and if that finds the battery low it will shutdown the device, I'm assuming you didn't read the help screen, the battery meter is not updated when bme is off.

Also, don't blame hen for your slow device, we made a lot of tests on it and it does not increase load on the CPU at all, nor does it risk damaging your device, but I'd like to thank a certain member for spreading ******** (BS if it gets censored) about it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
kolos, h-e-n closes everything you can't turn your phone off its auto-restart,,many games and applications crashes and theres a massive slowness and lagging,,,,i wish i had a time machine
You do - its called flasher. Feel free to go back in time to the distant age of 1.3
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I confirm that default camera doesnt work with hostmode kernel("operation failed") and also there is a little "break" when you scroll into the browser, it's not smooth as before.

edit: If you open camera app and it says "operation failed" just uninstall fcamera and reboot, as MohammadAG mentioned.

Last edited by anapospastos; 2010-11-09 at 08:04.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
camera works for me........... !!

Camera works fine for me..... as does everything else on the phone. Been running power kernel with usb mods all day to no ill effect. Connected PS3 controller, took a photo, filmed a video, used flashlight app, called some people, texted some people, downloaded some things...

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host