I've been getting a notification for security updates last month, I really don't remember the version or anything it was 4.2 mb. Now when I load cloudGPS it shows the maps but not my current location, my current location is set to another state by default. Also Jspeed app doesn't work anymore. It stays at 0 no matter what. Any help?

After installing CSSU I had to change settings > location > location server to "supl.google.com" . Now gps finds location quickly again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fred123 For This Useful Post:
Works fine, thanks.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by leviathan666 View Post
Works fine, thanks.
and could have been found easily on your own (power search with "gps security update":
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1119815
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...7&goto=newpost

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Has anybody been able to get supl.nokia.com to work again?
Or has Nokia discontinued the service?
If so, why haven't they informed the users?
I wonder what happens when Google decides to limit their service to Android phones.

i doubt it, since all other nokia phones use supl.nokia.com just the google one is better?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
I have read through both the threads indicated by peterleinchen, again - since I had been following them when this problem first came up shortly after the release of the security update. I can't seem to find anything to indicate why supl.nokia.com doesn't work after the update and one needs to use google instead.

Given a choice I would rather nokia keep tracks on my whereabouts than google. Reason being nokia are most likely too inept to do anything nefarious with the info, whereas google have proven more than once that they do what they say they don't do.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
mine also does not work after the update.(since i use gps rarely i did not check it why it is not working ) now after reading this thread i would change supl.nokia to Google.com and check it . i will post result here within 5 hrs thanks!

EDIT:- supl.google.com works for me. I got my gps locked within 5 sec.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Last edited by nicholes; 2012-01-25 at 11:21.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
I have read through both the threads indicated by peterleinchen, again - since I had been following them when this problem first came up shortly after the release of the security update. I can't seem to find anything to indicate why supl.nokia.com doesn't work after the update and one needs to use google instead.
I guess that with the certificate update that came with 1.3.1 the supl.nokia.com certificate was made invalid (both nokia's and google's are known for expiring from time to time..)

Which means our N900s don't trust supl.nokia.com, but they still trust supl.google.com. Other Nokias, other certificates -> they may still work OK with supl.nokia.com (at least my E75 does).

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
mine also does not work after the update.(since i use gps rarely i did not check it why it is not working ) now after reading this thread i would change supl.nokia to Google.com and check it . i will post result here within 5 hrs thanks!
i am quoting myself ...

It locked within 5 sec. google does what nokia dont

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos