Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
From these tests, it looks like it became more "moody" in selection of bicycle routes. I will look into it.

As for longer routes, 100km+, those have been disabled for bicycle and walking. Otherwise you may end up with long calculations running on your phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yea, mine was only about 10 km.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yea, mine was only about 10 km.
So was mine, too.
But limiting bycicling to 100km is too hard.
We have a rallye over here from Ruhrgebiet, especially Duisburg, to Bensersiel at the North Sea, which is about 300km on one day.
And for normal people a 100km (and more) day route is also doable. So maybe just a warning that longer routes may take looong time calculating? (not that I request it )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
So was mine, too.
But limiting bycicling to 100km is too hard.
We have a rallye over here from Ruhrgebiet, especially Duisburg, to Bensersiel at the North Sea, which is about 300km on one day.
And for normal people a 100km (and more) day route is also doable. So maybe just a warning that longer routes may take looong time calculating? (not that I request it )
You can change the distance as you prefer:

In OSM Scout Settings, select Valhalla, find the corresponding distance and it should be fixed next time you call the route.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yes, you can.
But to no joy
SFOS dies after some not-too-long calculations, maybe 30-60 s.
I just thought hmm maybe add some more swap but then it even did not shut down and I needed to hard boot it.

So better stay with the given values...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I guess it will depend on device, location (amount of roads). But yes, as you can go by bicycle and by foot in many places, calculations are probably way larger.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Import issues were caused by incompatibility with Lua parser used by Valhalla. New maps are out (only routing updated) with cycling fixed.

I had to drop Transit component (public transport). Data was old and leading to some issues with Valhalla. Trying now to get in touch with the project that collects and distributes the data, let's see if we can get it running better.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
I tried the updated Maps and bicycle routing works fine again. Thanks @rinigus for the fix!

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
New maps are out as well as new OSM Scout Server. Main changes in the server were related to import of Mapbox GL tiles and styling them. It is recommended to use new server with the new maps. In the new import and style:

* features at lower zooms are imported with the higher precision

* buildings are painted better (in my opinion)

* POIs are shown in the order of their local (partially random) ranking. This should allow to avoid POI explosion where too many POIs are shown at lower zooms.

In addition, I had issues with Valhalla import, but found a workaround which I hope will work for some time.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
With 3.4.0.22 there is a dependency problem when I tried to install it again (after reflashing...): It cannot find libicuuc.so.63

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles