Hello everyone! I recently purchased a Motorola Droid 3 in the hopes of installing Maemo on it. I began following the instructions in the readme for the bionic-clown-boot, and followed them kexecboot did not load. Upon closer inspection, root234.sh and install.sh were outputting errors when pushing certain files.

I downloaded the BCB exploit from the github repo, and the kexecboot file from the other droid 4 repo provided in the wiki.

My build number is 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
Android version 2.3.4

Am I on the correct firmware? Am I making a simple mistake with filesystems? Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

Last edited by Lt_Cable; 2024-01-31 at 17:48.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
i think currently maemo leste works best on d4.
on d3 it is unstable to the point of being not usable yet. but keep the device, and let's hope the devs will be able to localize the problem.

Originally Posted by norayr View Post
i think currently maemo leste works best on d4.
on d3 it is unstable to the point of being not usable yet. but keep the device, and let's hope the devs will be able to localize the problem.
Sounds good! I'll hold onto it for sure. Do you know of any way to install it even if it's unstable?

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Check here:
https://leste.maemo.org/Motorola_Droid_3

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Check here:
https://leste.maemo.org/Motorola_Droid_3
This is the page where I started. I went to the bionic clown boot repo and followed the readme, and tried to install the exploit, and then install the droid 4 kexecboot from the other repo.

The problem is with the bionic clown boot...

Yeah, please hold onto it. We're likely just one bug away from having the droid 3 work well (there's just the freeze likely due to wrong OPP). I'm hoping to look into it again this week, but it's been a struggle.