btw, it's just "styluses". You can't mix Greek and Latin suffixes. Same way with Octopuses (or octopodes), not "octopii".

sorry, I know.... I know....

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bizshop View Post
Now if only I dared to attempt a wood faceplate....
Request one from me (see thread in Accessories) and paint it with wood tones.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
In case it helps, Nokia Ireland sells a pack of 3 for €12.09 incl delivery. On eBay the price is £15 each!

The snag is that both the delivery and card billing addresses have to be in Ireland despite the fact that the items are shipped from Belgium. Like so many things nokia it makes no sense.

Quite why Nokia's procedures have to be so convoluted is anyone's guess but the direct link is
http://direct.nokia.com/Product.aspx?model=StylusN800
Trying to find this page by any other route is very difficult.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You have to consider the context. Enhancement as in additional stylii beyond what's normally included in the sales pack. Another descriptor could have been used, but this is typical Finnglish, and should be fairly obvious as to intent.
That seems to be a fairly large distinction. Communications with customers in each region should go through someone who knows the difference between 'enhancement' and 'replacement'. I expect Nokia to communicate like an important company with worldwide reach, not like a a small company with a thanklessly small budget and a handful of employees who only know a few languages among them. There are legal implications to getting your language right in many cases as well--particularly if something lands you in court of failure to provide customers with satisfaction. As The King and I put it so well, "Mean what you say, say what you mean." Language is important--especially if you intend to have offices and do business in several countries.

I'm just stressing why the 'typical Finnish translation' faux paux excuse isn't very convincing. :P

No luck here. I'm looking for styluses and having no luck.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Oddly, I think Nokia is unique in its cluelessness with regard to styluses. For example, I have a Centro from Sprint. The site has a pack with three styluses available on its site.

This is really a pretty extraordinary lapse on Nokia's part. I haven't yet seen a reasonable explanation for its behavior, or non-behavior.

I guess Nokia is lucky I'm not an employee of theirs, since I would make this a constant question whenever I spoke to anyone in management.

Maybe, in all the commentary, I've missed a good explanation somewhere. If there is one, it should be added to the Wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Agreed on every thought of your post.

Well....inevitably I too have lost the stylus and my spare is thousands of miles away. Anyone know where to find one in Europe (be)?

Dammit, Nokia! MAKE SURE REPLACEMENT STYLUS ARE AVAILABLE! This is seriously annoying me to no end.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
A guy on craigslist gave me one. Just sent it to me for free. That was very cool.

Oak replacement styluses for the tablets would be very cool! How much would (ahem, wood) I have to pay for one?