Active Topics

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Btw this seems a known problem:

Originally Posted by Raimu
I'm trying out your compile of libc 2.10 as per your instructions, and everything works fine except some fcamera-reliant apps are suddenly spitting out glib errors and generally bombing out.
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen
Can you recompile them against libc-2.10-dev? Or libglib must be compiled against newer libc?
So maybe recompile libglib too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Something about kernel-power headers is wrong. As I recognized that kernel-power v53 is also in extras. But the headers are not. I guess we should fix that. Same is for kernel-power-source v53 is only in devel.

I would say we should fix our repos and also vote fcam-drivers to extras.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Btw this seems a known problem:
Hmm... I missed that so thanks a lot for that info...

So maybe recompile libglib too.
Oh... my... god... this seems to be a real project for me now... Anyway, I will try to make it work...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Something about kernel-power headers is wrong. As I recognized that kernel-power v53 is also in extras. But the headers are not. I guess we should fix that. Same is for kernel-power-source v53 is only in devel.

I would say we should fix our repos and also vote fcam-drivers to extras.
Yeah, that would be great; luckily I have enabled extras-devel on my sdk image so installed all...

Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
luckily I have enabled extras-devel on my sdk image so installed all...
But be careful with extras-devel, only install packages which are known to work and which you really need. To make an upgrade on extras-devel could upgrade packages which are broken. When your host (N900) is on cssu-testing then you should do an upgrade on your build environment with cssu-testing.

Not in all cases this is needed or will harm the environment, it depends on the packages you really need for building or which you have installed. But this is my recommandation to be on the save side. And you need to compile and install libc first then recompile and install libglib, rcompile and install fcam-drivers, after this your are safe to go for recompiling fcam-applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your words I'll try to stay on the safe side. This is going to be a very long night. Or weekend...

This is going to be a very long night. Or weekend...
Oh yes I know these long weekends and sometimes you do not make a step forward. I wish you luck that no patching is needed or more recompiling like maybe libjpeg62 or libqt4.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I am also using FCamera and BlessN900 with KP53. BlessN900 crashes sometimes, but mostly both of them work. I think I might have had some problems with installing FCamera. Maybe it was about the driver, but can't remember precisely. Anyway I got it working somehow just by reinstalling, without needing to recompile anything.

edit: but obviously I don't have libc6 or other oddities, so that might be the cause.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
OK, now I'm a bit stuck...
Tried to compile fcamera but qmake could not be executed. I thought that it could be that all build-deps are cssu so installing cssu could be the next step but it could not be installed because to install cssu enabler I have to verify something that needs the screen which is not available from chroot...

So I tried to compile libglib but dpkg-buildpackage stops and says there is no debian/changelog (which is true... at least with the source I downloaded).

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
OK, now I'm a bit stuck...
Tried to compile fcamera but qmake could not be executed.
You need probably the libqt4-dev package.

I thought that it could be that all build-deps are cssu so installing cssu could be the next step but it could not be installed because to install cssu enabler I have to verify something that needs the screen which is not available from chroot...
Hmm I don't know about chroot environment But in scratchbox a "fakeroot apt-get upgrade" would be the step. Otherwise try without cssu first.

So I tried to compile libglib but dpkg-buildpackage stops and says there is no debian/changelog (which is true... at least with the source I downloaded).
I see that makes it not so easy I guess it needs the configure command before running make?
Try without glib first.

Last edited by Halftux; 2018-10-20 at 22:17.