Active Topics

Million thanks to 2F(sulu) and 3F(Halftux).
Now the maemo5 1558 version is available in the URL provided by 3F(Halftux).
Way to quit the game:
‘get into the console from quake with Fn+Ctrl, then type /quit to get out’(Thank you@Halftux)
--------------
I successfully downloaded and launched quake3 on my N900(ioquake maemo6 1558), but the touch screen isn't calibrated within the game play(not in all scene but 100% happened in the actual gameplay).

It becomes a serious problem because the ioquake3 takes all the hardware keyboard capability. Within the actul gameplay, I can't use 'ctrl+backspace’to activate taskmanager(even after I installed the‘camkey’).

Power bottom become my last defence. It is still functional, but since the touch screen isn't calibrated there is no way I could 'press' those on-screen buttons. I have to 'long-press' the power bottom to make a force shut down everytime after I played quake3.

I did a search in the forum, it seems the ioquake maemp5 1558 version would solve this problem. Could anyone share this version of ioquake with me ?The download link is no longer available. Thank you.
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...3/1558-maemo5/
Attached Images

Last edited by homejogger; 2018-10-20 at 15:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to homejogger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
fyi, the source code is still available. [1] So if you or someone else wants to rebuild the binary, it should be possible.

[1] http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ce/i/ioquake3/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by homejogger View Post
Power bottom become my last defence. It is still functional, but since the touch screen isn't calibrated there is no way I could 'press' those on-screen buttons. I have to 'long-press' the power bottom to make a force shut down everytime after I played quake3.
There are no mouse forwarding to x11 so you will never hit the menu.

You will need to get into the console from quake with Fn+Ctrl, then type /quit to get out.

Recompiled and maemo-optified the old maemo5 version with updated optimization flags: -ffast-math -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon

https://filehorst.de/d/cAaGsBck

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Worth uploading to devel?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
There are no mouse forwarding to x11 so you will never hit the menu.

You will need to get into the console from quake with Fn+Ctrl, then type /quit to get out.

Recompiled and maemo-optified the old maemo5 version with updated optimization flags: -ffast-math -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon

https://filehorst.de/d/cAaGsBck
You have done me a great help Sir. Thank you very much.

Please allow me to ask a further question: 'Is this possible if I would like to turn off the'Gravity senor' in the quake3 gameplay? If so, which keywords should I type in the game console.'

With regards

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Worth uploading to devel?
No I think not because the maemo6 version has more changes which has also its value. It has this experimental support relative motion events; allows binary QVM's which I guess is virtually breaking the touch calibration in the menu. But still you can navigate through the menu.

So I really don't know which version is better or which version has less bugs and I don't want to decide to downgrade the developers work.
When all user want a downgrade because the proportion of bugs and features is better then we can maybe think about it.

Best would be to cook both versions together, or disable in maemo6 the new feature. But I don't use it so I don't put more work into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
You have done me a great help Sir. Thank you very much.
No problem glad to be of help.

Please allow me to ask a further question: 'Is this possible if I would like to turn off the'Gravity senor' in the quake3 gameplay? If so, which keywords should I type in the game console.'

With regards
Sorry don't know maybe you should read through all pages from the ioquake thread were I also found the information about exiting ioqake by searching the forum.
I could think that the developer would like to have this feature, and not thinking of disabling it, but it don't know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: