Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Maldives
My WiFi & Mobile data connection has been configured as "NO PROXY" before also. It still does not connect to FB & Gmail.

BTW my WiFi issue has been sorted out. Thanks

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I have another solution found for the "cannot connect to Twitter/Gmail/Facebook/whatever" problem which can be used without Dev-Mode. In my case it seems to be all about the proxy settings. After using my work WiFi (which needs proxy) switching back to mobile data connection (where naturally no proxy is configured) seems to forget sometimes to "unset" the proxy configuration.

So I could use 'gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy' and 'gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy' and am good to go... But I didn't want this to do every other day...

So I just set the proxy config for my Mobile Data connection from "No Proxy" to "Manual", but leaving the proxy address fields blank (as they are, no changes) in the connection's Advanced Settings.

The following now happens: After switching the connection from my proxy-needing work WiFi to mobile data, the values in /system/proxy and /system/http_proxy no longer get deleted, but are just set to empty values. And with empty values the system actually assumes (what is correctly intended in this case) that it should use no proxy.

This worked for me so far. Try it! You don't have to enable Dev-Mode for this.

About the Wi-Fi connecting problem however I don't know, for this issue we should look at another configuration place?

Originally Posted by IrsH dA wUn View Post
My WiFi & Mobile data connection has been configured as "NO PROXY" before also. It still does not connect to FB & Gmail.

BTW my WiFi issue has been sorted out. Thanks
What was the solution for your Wi-Fi problem?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Maldives
I had entered the password incorrectly. Silly me

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I noticed FB and Gtalk will fail if I have them online on mobile network (on T-Mobile US) and later connected to a Wifi network.

Both of them will show Incorrect Password upon reconnection, other MSN, Yahoo and Skype can reconnect without problem.

The Incorrect Password will not go away even if I keep trying to go online on FB and GTalk.

That problem can be "fixed" if:
1. Connect to mobile network manually.
2. FB and GTalk will go online without problem after swtich back to mobile
3. Go offline on both.
4. Connect back to wifi
5. FB and GTalk will now go online again. However, FB sometimes might ask for the password again.

It seems like you have to sign off on FB and Talk before switching network or some connection states will be messed up to prevent login from the new network?
The FB might occassinally lose the password too.