Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That's better, FTFY
approximately 63 days to deliver. Countup is back on track...after a few posts that seems to be off topic

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-07-28 at 10:10. Reason: Removed update which risked sparking a non-topical argument. First/main sentence remains.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Tablet hardware update blog now available:

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-hardware-update/

Long story short: ....

Also, the USB port had to be modified, as the original one was not sturdy enough. (These guys did remember the N900 it seems. )
thanks for the summary.

Regarding the display these guys did remember the N9 it seems.

Never had any problem with 7 or was it 8 N900 USB ports but my eyes could not handle the pentile matrix display quality of the otherwise promising N9.
A couple of yellowish spots on a high res tablet screen might have been easier to coop with but nevertheless, I like the way Jolla is holding back the release to get it right regardless earlier promises by their hardware parts supplier.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

Please read this again before writing in this thread. Thanks jolla. No speculation is allowed. only countups.

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-07-28 at 07:11.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Now we are talking! If they had released all this info as and when those things were happening, that would have been an entirely different song! That would have been something to write home about and praise them for openness and all that jazz.
There are couple reasons why it might not have been possible. Considering that pre-production batch is going into manufacturing, there has been open ends which would have left much to speculate. In that case we all know what kind of s***storm it would have started, first with questions "when", "why not tell everything" and finally the classical "there is no openness"-phrase. So, it was sensible to wait until issues with the display was sorted out for sure before publishing information about the hassle. Unfortunately patience is not a virtue in community, so there will always be these complaints. That's why I have been questioning the idea of being open about the development of devices for some time now as it seems to do more harm than good sometimes (effectively meaning, it can only work when things go smoothly, but deteriorates instantly on tiniest snag).

hope the tablet show up eventually Do no longer believe its useful or fun to be here. might check in to off-topic once in a wile. GL HF.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
hope the tablet show up eventually Do no longer believe its useful or fun to be here. might check in to off-topic once in a wile. GL HF.
No fun allowed dave, you should know this

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
No fun allowed dave, you should know this
Up to Dave, he's more than welcome to contribute to Jolla Tablet speculation, but it gets tiresome speculating upon speculation, so understandably he wants a break.
Lets wait until the next big block of solid/official info. comes out, then Dave/we can have another speculation party (i.e. wave of speculation posts).

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
This probably isn't all that interesting, but it seems that some tablet-oriented documentation is making it's way into the Jolla Support system. There's now a page on "how to copy contacts between two Jolla devices", in this case being the phone and the tablet:

https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...Jolla-devices-

(You may need to set up a Jolla support account to access this page.)

EDIT: Random fact: the original screenshots pulled from the web page are indeed 2048x1536 pixels in size.
Attached Images

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-07-29 at 17:29.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
This probably isn't all that interesting, but it seems that some tablet-oriented documentation is making it's way into the Jolla Support system. There's now a page on "how to copy contacts between two Jolla devices", in this case being the phone and the tablet:

https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...Jolla-devices-

(You may need to set up a Jolla support account to access this page.)
I wonder when/if they will implement my [Request] [Jolla Tablet] [Idea] Jolla tablet <-> Jolla smartphone pairing/communication idea. :-) It has over 200 votes and has the roadmap tag.

The guys are on their way back to Finland this morning from the factory. They’ve been working all weekend and probably extremely tired, but we’ll work on an update and share it shortly.
(Currently) last comment, posted this morning:

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund