Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
ask customer services to remove any mms barring, they won't look for this unless you tell them it's barred!

Originally Posted by HammY View Post
oweng, I'm with Vodafone UK and not managed to get MMS (fMMS) working, yet. I've just upgraded to V 0.7.2 and will keep trying, but from the error in the log it appears to be a VF problem:

e.g.
2010-04-16 18:19:39,342 fmms.wappushhandler: MMSC RESPONDED: {'Response-Text': 'Unable To Send', 'MMS-Version': '1.0', 'Response-Status': 'Error-service-denied', 'Message-ID': 'KpzIS8YSG4KRSAAAsAt44l-GAAAAAAAA'}

...what is you log showing ?

Is anyone successfully using fMMS on Vodafone(UK) with a N900 supplied with a new SIM (i.e. the SIM has not been taken from a phone which used MMS)

The Following User Says Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by llaadd View Post
....although I would still recommend for most people to use rude mode to reduce the chance of you breaking your phone!!!

Enjoy!
What? Are you joking?

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by llaadd View Post
hey all, I made a video guide back in January about this application but recently decided to re-make it because of the recent updates, so thought it might be useful for you all:
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/01/24/n9...ms-using-fmms/
Short link: http://wp.me/p73J2-1Qt

Note: Video shows unsuccessful havoc mode attempt but with the latest version 0.7.2 I was able to successfully send and receive a message in havoc mode, although I would still recommend for most people to use rude mode to reduce the chance of you breaking your phone!!!

Enjoy!
Thanks for the video walkthrough, hope this helps everyone who is having issues with setting it up and what not, really appreciate it!

Clarification regarding havoc mode below

Originally Posted by slender View Post
What? Are you joking?
It won't physically break your phone, however - if it fails and the user keeps trying to send/get MMS with havoc enabled and it fails again - it might result in the modem not setting up any new GPRS connections until you reboot the device... Basically as of 0.7.2 this shouldn't really happen unless someone really tries to break it, but it *might*.

For the record I've been running Havoc mode for ~2 months and not yet managed to break it

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
Thanks for this app. Its great.... Really missed having MMS.

Setup first time using the video. Cheers!

Quality work!

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Thanks for the video walkthrough, hope this helps everyone who is having issues with setting it up and what not, really appreciate it!

Clarification regarding havoc mode below

It won't physically break your phone, however - if it fails and the user keeps trying to send/get MMS with havoc enabled and it fails again - it might result in the modem not setting up any new GPRS connections until you reboot the device... Basically as of 0.7.2 this shouldn't really happen unless someone really tries to break it, but it *might*.

For the record I've been running Havoc mode for ~2 months and not yet managed to break it
Thanks, I have edited my post a bit!

The Following User Says Thank You to llaadd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
ask customer services to remove any mms barring, they won't look for this unless you tell them it's barred!
Hey !! I used Vodafone's online 'chat' and immediately got very helpful support and got MMS enabled on my SIM !! - result !!

Sent my 1st MMS (to myself - sad ) and I got 3 x alerts ???
- You have been sent a picture message by ......
- SMS push for MMS receive
- new MMS

...it works !!!!!

The SMS text message gives me a Vodafone URL and password to 'get my photo' where I immediately locked my account from next 10mins - not sure why I have this 'option' ...but fine.

I guess the 2nd & 3rd alert are linked and I have a MMS in fMMS

Oddly, the MMS message say's after the image: "File Attachment was deleted from message due to size limitation" ... any ideas.
The image is small: is 300 x168 a recognised 'standard' size for MMS ?

I well happy this is now working I just need to use it and get familiar with it.

Thanks for this great app !!

The Following User Says Thank You to HammY For This Useful Post:
ok, so i got it to receive again. i had to set it to polite i dont know why it makes a differerence. But here is the prob with sending now i get a error msg. it says Sending failed
ERROR 32 Broken pipe
Please make sure apn settings are correct

an idea about this?

can anyone help me with this error? it's only while sending I can get MMS no problem

and can anyone quickly tell me how to view logs of fMMS?

nvm it works i forgot about mmsc the one for t mobile usa on second page that 1 user posted works

1 more i would want to ask why when I get mms or send everysingle other MMS is either with no name or every other MMS is named with the person who I sent MMS to?

Last edited by patt2k; 2010-04-17 at 02:21.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Louisiana
Originally Posted by erkk View Post
i managed to finally get fmms to work on my n900 and with At&t USA so if you need the settings let me know as it can be kinda tricky..

also your gonna have to add a new catalog in app manager if you do not see the catalog saying maemo extras-devel than you WILL not be able to download fmms. as it will not show up ..
I was wondering what settings you used?

1. Thanks Frals for this APP

2. my service provider has been sending me the configuration settings for MMS but i never get them on my N900. why?

3. How can i add another APN? i only have the datapackage..

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python