Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by slender View Post
thats nice. Megavideo from microb was unwatchable but with direct link and mplayer it streams smoothly. Sad that this is so hard. I wonder why this was not optimized out of box because it looks like that it needs just some quirks. (operas browser.js for example makes some modification to some webpages on fly)
Please vote for this, it's the first link in my sig. I'm surprised by the lack of interest and how no one seems to be bothered by this... made a brainstorm, made a thread, I spam them with every post I make yet there's only 7 votes.
Does nobody watch web tv anymore?
And why watch anything in the browser? You have to full-screen anyway, the buttons are ridiculously small and the cpu-usage & battery drain are huge.
To see captions on youtube? that's the only advantage you would have and youtube is nothing but a drop in the ocean regarding internet video.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
btw. Only way i was able to get link was long press to download flv button and selecting add bookmark and from there you could copy url. There is no copy link for me on popup menu.
Nope there isn't (that's why I mentioned the bookmark, as some kind of "replacement"), the same way there isn't "show page source" in microb.
What's the use to have the most advanced mobile browser ever made when (I really do consider them) basic functions are capped???

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I think we need some sort of extension to microb which strips configured webpages (youtube, megavideo, dailymotion, vimeo etc) with some script which replaces embedded video area with link to external (mplayer) video player. I do not know if this is possible, but i do know that making it is beyond my skills. Quite sad that this device has full potential play flash videos (not hd) inside webpages but on most of pages its jerky.

I started checking out scripts.

Here's something that might be useful for RAI: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61782

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
just wanted to let you know that i was able to follow both steps from your original post via the painful way and also the user script way. BTW i found that this script is rather superior for youtube:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25105

it throws up a small download option that allows you to download to your device or if you copy the linked address and put it in mplayer it will stream. It's an extra step of course to watch youtube videos BUT it allows you to watch them in much better quality.

i wish someone would create a youtube app that grabs the mp4 file as it would negate this whole step but i digress.

Last edited by jim_0068; 2010-02-09 at 10:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to jim_0068 For This Useful Post:
You could try Canola, MyTube or zoutube.

MyTube is by far the most advanced one but it hasn't been updated for quite a while:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37000&page=4

zoutube still doesn't download the high quality mp4 video though

hi, i'm real noob with this device and i wanted to know what is clipnabber, only thing i could do was to add megavideo link to .txt file. Plaese help me

i got it now, but when i paste the link and press play, it says buffering and loading icon comes, but in 5 seconds it desapear and looks like nothing happens. what did i di wrong?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I got lost in the thread... Sorry about that.
What would be the simple/easiest/reliable way to watch megavideo?
Regards!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/42944 install this in greasemonkey.

Save the vid and open it with kmplayer(you don't have for the dl to finish to start the vid).

Tags
it impairs usability, why mst ths take so long