Notices


Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Reply
Thread Tools
silvermountain's Avatar
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
#21
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I also have a n800 and don't want it to get obsolete! I will publish the diablo version soon.
Awesome, thanks!
__________________
.N810 experience: Since 6/2009
My Twenty Favorite OS2008 Applications:
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes
 
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#22
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
read this to activate devel
Thanks! Trying it out now.
 
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#23
fcrochik

This is awsome! I'm now able to login to jetflicks and stream my tv shows! The only problem is that when I click on a link a page with all kind of words and numbers open and shuts down the browser.

Is there a way to make the browser open the link and use the media player to stream the show?

OR, Is it possible for you to make pages think the browser is ANDROID instead of iphone? I will send a good donation if you can help me work this out. The android hack would be best for me if you can do that!

Right now I just copy the link and paste it mplayer and it streams. But I want to be able just to click the link and stream the show.

Thanks!
 
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#24
Originally Posted by nokiaman View Post
fcrochik

This is awsome! I'm now able to login to jetflicks and stream my tv shows! The only problem is that when I click on a link a page with all kind of words and numbers open and shuts down the browser.

Is there a way to make the browser open the link and use the media player to stream the show?

OR, Is it possible for you to make pages think the browser is ANDROID instead of iphone? I will send a good donation if you can help me work this out. The android hack would be best for me if you can do that!

Right now I just copy the link and paste it mplayer and it streams. But I want to be able just to click the link and stream the show.

Thanks!
nokiaman,
"Pretending" to be the android browser should be easy, it is just a matter of setting the right useragent. I don't know if web sites optimized for the android platform will have anything that is not "webkit" standard (the iphone has gestures for example). You can try on tear or midori to change the user agent and see what happens.

On a quick "google" I found this for the android user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.0; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2


Getting macuco open the files externally will take a little more research/work... again it maybe be worth trying midori and tear to see if any of them can handle your scenario.

Please keep me posted... I will gladly try to add anything I can to macuco especially if is not handled by any of the other n900 browsers.
 
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#25
While it did crash on me a couple times, the browsing experience is great. The thing I really like, the way the Gmail and ebay working.
To reproduce crash: Start Macuco, go fullscreen, press on icon at the home page, while it loads press on the arrow (right bottom corner) to go back to normal screen and it crashes.
 
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#26
Hell, I use it as my main gmail app now =D
 
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#27
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
nokiaman,
"Pretending" to be the android browser should be easy, it is just a matter of setting the right useragent. I don't know if web sites optimized for the android platform will have anything that is not "webkit" standard (the iphone has gestures for example). You can try on tear or midori to change the user agent and see what happens.

On a quick "google" I found this for the android user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.0; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2


Getting macuco open the files externally will take a little more research/work... again it maybe be worth trying midori and tear to see if any of them can handle your scenario.

Please keep me posted... I will gladly try to add anything I can to macuco especially if is not handled by any of the other n900 browsers.
If YOU can make it pretend its android I will be more than happy to make it worth your while. I have no clue how to do this stuff. I downloaded midori but have no clue how to install the thing. PLEASE make it work.
 
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#28
Originally Posted by nokiaman View Post
If YOU can make it pretend its android I will be more than happy to make it worth your while. I have no clue how to do this stuff. I downloaded midori but have no clue how to install the thing. PLEASE make it work.
Is there any web site that you want to try in particular? Let me know and I will test...
 
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#29
Originally Posted by borland View Post
While it did crash on me a couple times, the browsing experience is great. The thing I really like, the way the Gmail and ebay working.
To reproduce crash: Start Macuco, go fullscreen, press on icon at the home page, while it loads press on the arrow (right bottom corner) to go back to normal screen and it crashes.
borland: I tried several times but could not get it to crash on mine... I will keep looking... please let me know of any other issues you can tell me how to reproduce.

Thanks
 
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#30
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Is there any web site that you want to try in particular? Let me know and I will test...
http://jetflicks.mobi


this is the only website I care about making it work.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiaman For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48.