Posts: 6,526 | Thanked: 14,325 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ undecided.
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
This community, and its own community, which is quite healthy!
You know, this is quite fair and I did not include their own community simply due to oversight. Thank you for this subtle correction and sharing of information. I appreciate it.

I truly do hope that they succeed, as much as I hope that Jolla continues to exist and succeed. Sadly, I've been very recently forced to utilize an iPhone 7 and let me tell you... I miss so much already.
gerbick | iPhone X [ 256GB iOS 11.3 Beta ] | iPad Pro [ 256GB iOS 11.3 Beta ]
Former Maemo Council Member - 2015

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gerbick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,558 | Thanked: 1,088 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
You don't even need to buy one of those, providing kernel source is available, the bootloader is unlockable and a compatible version of CyanogenMod or AOSP 5 is available, then you can port it yourself.

UPDATE: A popular misconception is that you need to be a developer in order to port. That is NOT the case.
then still you need an android device first, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,249 | Thanked: 10,397 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
then still you need an android device first, right?
I'd imagine you need one to test your port at least

I mean, I could do a porting for a device "on the blind" and then give the image for somebody to flash on a device if I don't have it myself... then what?
Most probably there is something to fix/debug/tune, how to do that if I do not have the device in my hand...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2017 @ Czech republic
Hi, I need little help with few problems with my Nexus 4 Sailfish and forum didn t allow me to post new thread -_-

1) not important, but USB mass storage mode is not working
2) bluetooth is not working - there is no quick action to turn it on or off, in setting > bluetooth tells me that bluetooth is not available
3) everything related with GPS is not working - I tried some android apps like Sygic, Navfree and OSMand, gpsinfo tells me that some sattelites have fixed signal, but it is not showing longitude/latitude etc. and those apps still are just searching signal, but will never find.

I think it wont be a hardware problem, because I have dualboot with android 5 and there is everything working ok.

Can you help me please?