Active Topics

Wouldn't a better approach be to just design one of those TV-Android sticks.
...and have it slot into a phone body which is just screen and battery.

That way you can get one with the perfect screen for you, and swap out the Android stick when the cpu's marginally improve in 12 months. Use the old ones on your dumbTV's or to distract your cat.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Wouldn't a better approach be to just design one of those TV-Android sticks.
...and have it slot into a phone body which is just screen and battery.

That way you can get one with the perfect screen for you, and swap out the Android stick when the cpu's marginally improve in 12 months. Use the old ones on your dumbTV's or to distract your cat.
Now this is a marginally more credible idea. I like it.

This idea bugging me for a while to be honest. And especially when you see how narrow mobile industry becomes by concentrating in the hands of few. You have choice Android, Apple, Android, Apple and Apple and may be Android oh yea how could i forgot WP Lumia that practically nobody wants, well except sell out Flop and of course Lumiamans lol
But with all seriousness it would be great to build your own mobile device just like you could build personal computer based on your needs.
All tho unfortunetly i should agree with some previous comments from engineering point it would be disaster at least in the near future. Unless you have ton of $$$, driven by ideas and passion

http://www.yankodesign.com/2013/06/0...ed-smartphone/

Last edited by ed00; 2013-09-17 at 03:18.