Active Topics

Notices

Looking forward to updates. This theme is great!

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
I'd love to see a blue version of your theme

Andrew-

Is changing the color a matter of replacing an image file somewhere? Is it something we can customize by editing the source file for the color?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Normally I try to make my themes using .svg to make color change easy but this theme was made using parts from a .png from the theme maker package. I now have access to the .svg of the them and will have to start over to make color variants.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

hello guys
I wanted to ask, if there's any way to imitate maemo 5 look & feel in diablo, more then just colors and icons ?
First, I thought if it's possible to remove the left bar, to get some more space for the application, like in maemo 5 or Mer. Second, change menu look to finger-friendly and not just regular GTK clone.
I don't know if a theme can do that, but I thought it's a good place to begin.
thanks...

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
I'm interested too in the evolving of this theme ^_^

I wish To remove the side bar of the hildon desktop (I prefer the Mer's one in this way) and the integration with webkit (it have problems to handle the black...in example in the text area i cannot see any caracter because is black...on a black background...)

i think that if we can manage to have the hildon-desktop like Mer and apply this theme to it, we can have a very similar framantle effect and very beautiful ^_^

Originally Posted by Se7eN View Post
hello guys
I wanted to ask, if there's any way to imitate maemo 5 look & feel in diablo, more then just colors and icons ?
First, I thought if it's possible to remove the left bar, to get some more space for the application, like in maemo 5 or Mer. Second, change menu look to finger-friendly and not just regular GTK clone.
I don't know if a theme can do that, but I thought it's a good place to begin.
thanks...
You can't with Diablo but that is what Mer is doing.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
You can't with Diablo but that is what Mer is doing.
Well... I have been waiting a long time for Mer, but unfortunately, it's development is very slow (as you know, I guess), and it is not usable at all (yes - I have tried).
Instead of waiting for Mer, which her best improvment for me is the better look&feel (especially - finger usage), I just started to transform my Diablo to "something like maemo 5". It's still early level, but looks very promising. I hope to share it with you ASAP. And for sure, that theme is a great step in that effort.

The Following User Says Thank You to Se7eN For This Useful Post:
andrewfblack, there are some changes that should be done in the theme in order to fit it for the new layout. Is it ok that I do it ? do you prefer that I'll publish it under different name ?

Nope you can make the changes and I'll send you the source if you want it. I would like to take a look at your screenshots of your new layout. PM them to me if you don't want other people to see them

thanks
I wanted to PM you but I didn't find how...
screenshots - a day or two, I hope. I crashed the maemo desktop so I had to re-flash the device, and I used this opportunity to try some new things, like nitdroid and so