Just a shame the bigger outlets can't / won't report on it. I emailed Engadget, The Verge, Ars Technica - none of them have picked the story up. Would be a huge boon to TOHKBD if it got some exposure in the more mainstream tech media.

Last edited by From Vertu with Love; 2014-11-15 at 22:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
They are all US rags, so you can't really expect them to be interested in a specifically non-US device...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
They are all US rags, so you can't really expect them to be interested in a specifically non-US device...
Engadget has a UK Edition of their site - and the non-availability of gadgets in the US hasn't stopped new tech announcements from popping up on either of the other sites in the past.

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Hello everybody,

I'm going to join the party, just waiting some money on card
So, I read this topic from page 45, google a bit, and have some questions left:

1) seems kbd/case parts printerd via shapeways - how hard will be to replace those 2 big visible parts to another ones, printed/ordered from SW?

2) I can't imagine some good combination of colours, and think about white or alimide. According to SW alumide made from aluminium dust + plastic - how much it affect radio in phone?

hmm... if swap case parts is simple thing - maybe it is possible to order bunch of them directly via KS campagin?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
If anyone was wondering about the colours, I searched through threads and found these:

Lots of colors---a few more---plus still a few. Posting them here so you don't have to go through the trouble finding them yourself.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by evadim View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm going to join the party, just waiting some money on card
So, I read this topic from page 45, google a bit, and have some questions left:

1) seems kbd/case parts printerd via shapeways - how hard will be to replace those 2 big visible parts to another ones, printed/ordered from SW?

2) I can't imagine some good combination of colours, and think about white or alimide. According to SW alumide made from aluminium dust + plastic - how much it affect radio in phone?

hmm... if swap case parts is simple thing - maybe it is possible to order bunch of them directly via KS campagin?
There will be some casings and pcbs waiting on me when i get home.

If they are correct, everything fits and lines up then the design is final and I will order them in all colours for your viewing pleasure. Will not ask for people to make a final decision before those are in. Will not make pictures of all combo's. (that would be 700 without different layouts)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Will not ask for people to make a final decision before those are in. Will not make pictures of all combo's. (that would be 700 without different layouts)
Why not release some "easy color picker" app like all manufactures use? They dont take 12384238 pictures for different colors you know

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Why not release some "easy color picker" app like all manufactures use? They dont take 12384238 pictures for different colors you know
please make me one

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I don't know what has gotten into me. Earlier today I bought into the Jolla tablet and now the tohkbd. That makes a total of 962.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by From Vertu with Love View Post
... and the non-availability of gadgets in the US hasn't stopped new tech announcements from popping up on either of the other sites in the past.
But it sure stopped a lot of wallets from opening in excitement though.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd