Vitally, you've offered more frequent and succinct communication than any other Nokia employee who posts on this forum. Would you please join Nokia's marketing department and apply those communication skills to our non-technical questions? ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bocaJ For This Useful Post:
As soon as I left office and was transferred from WLAN connectivity to 3G connectivity, the MfE started to work! It seems that I am also able to connect through my home WLAN.

I don't have any clue why this is the case, but at least at the moment MfE works for me!!! :

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reston, VA
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
He can create a separate Exchange ActiveSync policy with "allow non-provisionable devices set to true" and it apply it only to your mailbox.
found out they will not do this for me

ohh well thanks for the support. however, it raised another question. would it be possible for the n900 to spoof itself into being seen as a supported device or does that lie somewhere else?

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Pennsylvania
Thanks for the information, this actually worked now with Google!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by 5tapl3r View Post
would it be possible for the n900 to spoof itself into being seen as a supported device or does that lie somewhere else?
It would be possible, yes, but the developers have flat-out refused to do this. It's probably in violation of whatever licensing agreements they have with Microsoft, and could well just lead to the N900 getting blacklisted from Exchange altogether.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Exchange is failing due to certificate issue for me too. Copied certificate to phone but I can't get it to install. I can just see details.
How do I install the cert?

[QUOTE=vitaly_repin;408106]You are telling it right now. Believe me, it is visible.

I'd like to provide my voice to the provisional / non-provisional discussion.

N900 is the most modern Nokia smart phone with QWERTY and IMHO the best option for a corporate user today.

It is almost a show stopper that the corporate exchange is not usable and may force me to immediately by a competitors' product that works. I for one, am not too worried about the drawbacks of this feature. Corporate IT are quite a responsible & moral people, there's so much else they could misuse as well if they wanted to (but naturally won't).

The Following User Says Thank You to jukohaka For This Useful Post:
my first experience with mfe today: i set it up just to sync the calendar from my google account and it worked fine. from the little that i've read here, i'm not sure if there is anything supposed to be wrong with this. the only bug i have encountered is that although the times for my events are correct, their description displays a time that is one hour previous to the time the event occurs. this doesnt affect the functionality, but it is a little odd.

Originally Posted by hangster View Post
my first experience with mfe today: i set it up just to sync the calendar from my google account and it worked fine. from the little that i've read here, i'm not sure if there is anything supposed to be wrong with this. the only bug i have encountered is that although the times for my events are correct, their description displays a time that is one hour previous to the time the event occurs. this doesnt affect the functionality, but it is a little odd.
Normally this happens when your time zone or daylight savings settings are wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
Having the same error here "Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled",
It was working fine for one week, then it stopped synching after reflashing the n900.
I restored the settings from a backup and it kept flashing this error over and over again.
I removed the device from the mobile devices list in OWA but still no luck.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!