Notices

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Any chance to bump it to version 1.4?
It could be that my compiled binary is version 1.4.1. However in this source code tree the changelog ends with 1.3.3, thats why it is named like this. I guess I will take the version number from binary output which would be 1.4.1.

Which source code did you take and did you applied some patches?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I used https://github.com/vysheng/tg and only applied two patches, one for openssl 1.1 (i doubt this one is needed for Fremantle's 0.9.8), and another which fixes a crash on startup. I can post the patches here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
I can post the patches here
Yes please that would be nice. I will also try to remember which bug fix patches and which compiler relevant patches I applied or created and will also post them here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Attached. I just used git diff to show everything that's changed from the original source. Note that this diff is taken from the tgl directory inside the base directory, tg. No changes were needed on the main directory level.

The changes are documented in different issues opened against tg on Github.

I should also mention i did not build with python, json, or lua support, so it might be possible that more patches may be needed
Attached Files
File Type: txt telegram-cli.diff.txt (3.4 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by sicelo; 2018-04-28 at 10:50. Reason: Explain the source of the changes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
alo its already throw in extras-devel repo ?

The Following User Says Thank You to wganis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wganis View Post
alo its already throw in extras-devel repo ?
No not yet it will take a little, it is not that easy as it sounds like.
There is also one question on my side. Should I build minimal version without script support or should I build the maximal possible version with more dependencies and all script language support?
Or should I create two different packages, when yes how should I call them?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
So here my suggestion the minimal tg package telegram-cli and with scripting maybe telegram-bot?

What are you saying?

Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Very good names. Interested to know if there is now a working telegram for N900? I just messed my N900 while trying to get telegram-desktop to work on easy debbie jessie sulu. If there is, could it be shared with instructions to get it work? Used through pidgin for short while but that just did not work as should.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I am sorry until now I could not determine which sources I used for telegram-cli to many computers and to many VMs with different source codes. It is a mess and sadly no time atm, quite overloaded. Send you a pm.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Very good names. Interested to know if there is now a working telegram for N900? I just messed my N900 while trying to get telegram-desktop to work on easy debbie jessie sulu. If there is, could it be shared with instructions to get it work? Used through pidgin for short while but that just did not work as should.
I'm using the version of telegram-cli that halftux compiled and posted somewhere in this thread. It works quite well for my needs. Can't tell you if the registration still works, because i did mine ~2017.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:

Tags
spyware, telescam