Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Tested th gpsapp a little more today when I took a long walk, and I must say it really need to be improved alot.

Why on earth does it not move "the arrows" When moving forward. It just stays there?

Lets hope upcoming release also updates the maps app....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
its finally time for release week(again). I think Wednesday. Dont ask me why. But sure im right a

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-16 at 21:37.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yeah, At least I got hot air & bile. You got nothing and yet again you start the conversation with no logic and when I play along you call people idiots. Have you ever consider yourself as one?
I didn't start the convo with no logic, you responded to my benign sentence with some unfounded claims, which I called you out on, & which you still haven't addressed.
This clearly is becoming a pointless derailment, rather than a discussion about your unfounded claims, so it's best that we drop it, rather than subject everyone to it.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-03-17 at 02:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I didn't start the convo with no logic, you responded to my benign sentence with some unfounded claims, which I called you out on, & which you still haven't addressed.
This clearly is becoming a pointless derailment, rather than a discussion about your unfounded claims, so it's best that we drop it, rather than subject everyone to it.
sure u did, with your batman line with unfunded claims. But again, you seems ignorant to that fact so i take resonsibility for your posts and my spin of your post. I hope thats ok and case is closed. You can go back to your task to bash and complain about jolla communication and i will ho back to waiting for the update with a short countdown.

is that OK?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-17 at 06:48.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
anyone wants to do bets on the day of the update? I think it will be Wednesday!

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
anyone wants to do bets on the day of the update? I think it will be Wednesday!
im in, but read 3 abbove. Wednesday is already taken. Why not split the money?

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
In Finland we say:
"Pessimisti ei pety" ~ pessimist will not be disappointed

so... Thursday (but secretly i hope today )

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
sure u did, with your batman line with unfunded claims. But again, you seems ignorant to that fact so i take resonsibility for your posts and my spin of your post. I hope thats ok and case is closed.
Lets be clear here, I didn't make dumb assertions like:
"Jussi was the CEO who launched jolla, like bill gates and Steve jobs", or that Tomi & Marc are following in Jussi's wake by "riding the safe and easy wave", or that "Marc & batman are just copycats". All I ever said was, it'd be more pertinent if Tomi/Marc were used in such images nowadays, at no point did I make unfounded claims, apparently you don't understand what unfounded claims are.

I didn't demand that a new series of photo-shopped images be created, I merely made an absolutely correct observation.
Ofc for satirical purposes, having a new series doesn't matter that much, unless one prefers to be at least remotely historically accurate.
Anyway, this whole discussion has gone way past the realms of stupid, so, lets drop it...

I predict the release will be sometime in March, but they should take more time as needed if they're not 100% ready.
I don't want them releasing something half-baked, just because of lots of whining about them missing delivery targets.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-03-17 at 09:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
In Finland we say:
"Pessimisti ei pety" ~ pessimist will not be disappointed

so... Thursday (but secretly i hope today )
+1 Thursday

Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I call Friday, seems to be the preferred Jolla release day

On a separate note...

Given that this is the first full release is anyone else planning to do a full reste before the release? I know that on both my N900 and N9 the device always seemed to run better after this.

Question is do I do a full device reset before or after the update, or just not bother?

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"