Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
... in some 3rd world countries it is even legal to kill a fellow human being as a (claimed) self defence
So you call the US a 3rd world country?

Originally Posted by oguzhanssan View Post
In Turkey, u can not buy phone from outside world.
We know.

if you buy u have to register it. if u get out the country within 2 months, u may register if not, u have change its imei!
Could you please rephrase. I cannot understand fully.

I know it was possible for older 'dumb phones' (but e.g. for Nokia this was also not possible anymore since BB5 afair). I do not know for Samsung/Apple and so on .....

so i need this because of i bought phone from another country. any solution for Jolla!!!!!
I am afraid you are out of luck. But you should check in a local shop, ,aybe they already have a solution (which i doubt for this niche device).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
So you call the US a 3rd world country?
Don't make me say it aloud

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I didn't understood the Turkish goverment rules anyway. If you live out there and want to do some illegal action on a cellphone just buy a few second handed on the local blackmarket and pay in cash.
I don't have any need to change IMEI, no iPhone 6 plus in the packet, don't want to robbed by some dumbass.

Does anyone knows what the side effect would be when you change your IMEI number to an existing number at the same cellurar network.

Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Does anyone knows what the side effect would be when you change your IMEI number to an existing number at the same cellurar network.
The IMEI will be blacklisted, and both phones useless

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Not that much I think

Last edited by vincr; 2014-10-25 at 17:27.