"Nokia is considering going it alone into the tablet market without its smartphone partner Microsoft, according to rumours."

http://mobile-device.biz/content/item.php?item=29690

5" qHD screen with phone functionality please!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
To start with, we never wished Microsoft to be in the equation ever (including smart-phones)!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
To start with, we never wished Microsoft to be in the equation ever (including smart-phones)!
maybe not, but that is where we are.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I totally see Nokia leaving WP7 out from its possible tablets. After all, WP7 doesn't have a tablet version, where as MeeGo does.

I think the wisest thing would be to go with MeeGo. Bring MS in with cloud services etc. paraphenalia

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I totally see Nokia leaving WP7 out from its possible tablets. After all, WP7 doesn't have a tablet version, where as MeeGo does.

I think the wisest thing would be to go with MeeGo. Bring MS in with cloud services etc. paraphenalia
Is there any landscape oriented mobile device that uses WP7?

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Is there any landscape oriented mobile device that uses WP7?
Landscape is very irrational on WP7 as is the case with apps.
I haven't followed MS tablet ventures too much but wasn't the real deal meant to be desktop Windows 8 for tablets? That's still at least year away so the MeeGo tablets makes very much sense.

Though Nokia has been very vocal about only one MeeGo device this year and at least to me that one device still sounds like a phone, but then hasn't Nokia been talking about one MeeGo "device" all the time?

a 5" voice-enabled MeeGo tablet with a qHD screen would make me a very happy man.

return the tablet to its NIT roots.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Though Nokia has been very vocal about only one MeeGo device this year and at least to me that one device still sounds like a phone, but then hasn't Nokia been talking about one MeeGo "device" all the time?
One possibility is that they are working on a MeeGo phone and a MeeGo tablet and still deciding which they will release this year.

hello
what microsoft word not support some fonts?what i do support more fonts??

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Meego seems to be the best alternative Nokia has...i think...