Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
ok i got installed quick question do I still need to use fapn , I am asking because once i got fmms installed it ask me for mmsc server

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I got this setup over the weekend. Then my N900 would auto connect to the Tmo MMS APN instead of the normal T-Mobile one. I tried renaming, even added a new APN with the normal settings. Still defaulted to the MMS APN.

So I switched the settings between the regular and MMS APN's. Renamed them appropriately. Now it's defaulting to regular apn. Worked out great.

Thanks frals for all the great work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Plz someone help me to instal the fmms is alrready downloaded in one of my folder but i can't run it any light plz

Originally Posted by peacekeper View Post
Plz someone help me to instal the fmms is alrready downloaded in one of my folder but i can't run it any light plz

Dude, it's been posted again and again. The easiest way to install it is to just add the Extras-Dev catalog into your app manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to crxtodd16 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crxtodd16 View Post
Dude, it's been posted again and again. The easiest way to install it is to just add the Extras-Dev catalog into your app manager.
Not really i have extras devel repo but no fmms in app manager

thank you for fmms. I have a question how do I save a received mms image?

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Tac View Post
thank you for fmms. I have a question how do I save a received mms image?
Tap-and-hold on the image should bring up a context menu where you can open it in the Image Viewer and from there Save/Crop/whatever

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Cant update or install the lastest version 0.4.0-1, it keep giving a conflicting error.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Here installed 0.4.0-1, tested with a self sent MMS

operator H3G Italy, the 'proxy trick' works, so no new APN to set but just inserted proxy datas enabling it and then disabling it leaving data there
sequence worked flawlessly (i'll add to the wiki)
- before the test, standard data connection open + connection to galk and skype account and application manager downloading in the background
- started and used fmms to compose a mms + image
- fmms sent the message without complaining anything
- ten minutes after, received sms push, appmanager still downloading (playing with new QT demos...)
- fmms launched itself and connected to acces point via proxy - download of application manager suspended as expected and message 'not possible to connect to some services' or whatever is the translation in english appeared
- mms downloaded automatically
- fmms showed the mms
- application manager resumed download and skype+gtalk account restarted

sidenote: exactly after having received the sms push, the phone rang and I had a phone talk via speakers looking how everything was going on in the background reading the messages on the screen

I honestly think frals made a great job, thank you!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I got this setup over the weekend. Then my N900 would auto connect to the Tmo MMS APN instead of the normal T-Mobile one. I tried renaming, even added a new APN with the normal settings. Still defaulted to the MMS APN.

So I switched the settings between the regular and MMS APN's. Renamed them appropriately. Now it's defaulting to regular apn. Worked out great.

Thanks frals for all the great work.
Can you be a bit more explicit, Lemmy?

I have this problem on Orange UK. The issue is that the MMS apn won't let me browse using microB or use witter, though I can read email. So if I'm on the 'wrong' connection, I'm stumped.

Can you tell me what you did? I'd really like to have this solved.

Thanks
K

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python