Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Since the first topics on TJC have been tagged with "jul14" by Jolla, it is time to start talking about it.

here is the link:
https://together.jolla.com/questions...1/query:jul14/

in my view, the most interesting seems to be the addition of a glance screen! I really hope it will be implemented like on N9 and that we will see something like billboard on Jolla. I remember that thp once said that it will be on Jolla eventually... time to get our hope up

Also, according to rumors it should be out next week.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
I think it will be out on next thursday

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
they shall not dare to release the july update without fixing the shutdown / reboot issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
they shall not dare to release the july update without fixing the shutdown / reboot issues.
I disagree.. it might not be possible if there are faults in the HW.
A lot of things can be fixed in clever SW tricks but it still stands that there are limits to it.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I also think it is some kind of HW + SW combination that triggers the reboots. And I really doubt that these will be ever fixed. Unfortunately Jolla seems to have many HW quality issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
I'm looking forward to seeing if each Android app has a separate window now, as someone suggested recently. That would be awesome.

The Following User Says Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I've had that issue like 3 times a day but after using the paper trick it's been good ever since.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@mariusmssj
I also had like 30 days uptime at one point with the paper. But then again I had a period of everyday reboots. Now I am back at 4 days uptime as of today.
So "paper trick" improves the situation IMMENSELY, making the device actually usable. But it is not a real solution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
well, maybe there are different HW-versions / batteries, i can only talk about my device: it's absolutely software related:

when i turn off mobile internet, i have no reboots at all. when i turn it on in areas with weak network i have like 50 reboots / hour.

how can this be HW related?

well, maybe there are different HW-versions / batteries, i can only talk about my device: it's absolutely software related:

when i turn off mobile internet, i have no reboots at all. when i turn it on in areas with weak network i have like 50 reboots / hour.

how can this be HW related?
Turning off mobile internet is not only SW thing, there you also shut down one of the most power consuming parts of HW. In weak network the modem requires more power.

In many cases shutdowns are related to high peak in power consumption and high impedance between the battery and the phone.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post: