Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Nokia is always slow in everything aint' they?? From delaying shipment to updating Flash 10.1 ....ect...Droids already got the 10.1? Go figure!
The Droid does NOT have flash 10.1. The latest version of flash for Android devices is version 9, like on the HTC Hero. If it is running the standard Google Android it will ship without flash support.

From the Motorola website:
WEB BROWSER
Webkit HTML5 with geo location and multiple windows, Flash 10 ready (expected 1st half 2010)

Note that every Android device is 'Flash 10 ready' just like the N900 is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 406NotAcceptable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Nobody's got 10.1 yet and it has nothing to with Nokia. I understand from the other thread that you like Droid a whole lot, but do not spread misinformation. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
The netbooks without decent GPU's or one at all will always run 720p poorly. You would need to get a netbook with an active GPU that handles 720p. There are plenty of them out now and cost the same price. Kind of the same reason why video is poor on the 7200 mobile chipsets- no active GPU, so CPU is doing everything.
Are you saying that OMAP3 has a flash compatible GPU?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
The gpu and dsp have proven at least in Nokia demos that Flash works well. The version of Flash on the Hero is not as robust as the 9.4 version on the N900. Adobe has stated that mobile device need a dsp for a complete Flash experience. The 7201 chipsets of G1, etc will be let down a little with expectations of 10.1 Flash.

Droid is Flash ready, which means the hardware and OS version will work with it when released in Spring.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Nobody's got 10.1 yet and it has nothing to with Nokia. I understand from the other thread that you like Droid a whole lot, but do not spread misinformation. Thank you.
Oh my bad...yea i just notice Droid don't have 10.1 yet but i heard it will by shipping date. The only reason i like Droid is the Google Map Navigation. But i am still probably going with N900 just because it gives u full webpage display rather than mobile websites which even Droid is doing. Also i like the N900 multiple desktop clean views as oppose to the Droid one screen display. And i don't want to stuck with 2 yr contract in case the NEXT iPhone comes out!! I know the NEXT iPhone will be great and then i can switch again without having to wait 2 yrs. These are the reasons i am getting N900 for now.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Flash 10.1 is supposed to be released for most platforms in the middle of the year- late spring or early summer.

My guess is it will be released for devices like the N900 and Droid first, since they have the hardware to provide a "full" Flash experience. A wider release would come later.

I can almost guarantee that people with 7201 chipsets or lower and especially those with unrooted devices stuck with a 384mhz clock will be disappointed. Most Flash function except full screen standard video and simple Flash content will probably not work very well.

Oh my bad...yea i just notice Droid don't have 10.1 yet but i heard it will by shipping date. The only reason i like Droid is the Google Map Navigation. But i am still probably going with N900 just because it gives u full webpage display rather than mobile websites which even Droid is doing. Also i like the N900 multiple desktop clean views as oppose to the Droid one screen display. And i don't want to stuck with 2 yr contract in case the NEXT iPhone comes out!! I know the NEXT iPhone will be great and then i can switch again without having to wait 2 yrs. These are the reasons i am getting N900 for now.
No it wont. Adobe have already stated several times that 10.1 will not be shipping on any platform until Q1 2010. The very first device it was ever demoed on was .... an N900.

Never underestimate the ability of people to tell themselves want they want to hear.

I hear the droid is going to ship with extra super awesome sauce android which totally fixes the complete lack of memory handling and hardware acceleration as well. No really it will.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
As anyone tested to see if u can stream live broadcasts from justin.tv and ustream? can some one try it please and report back

Nokia is always slow in everything aint' they?? From delaying shipment to updating Flash 10.1 ....ect...Droids already got the 10.1? Go figure!
They do? Source please!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Dominican Republic
This post its my way to think about it.

HD Video

Nokia n900 its fully capable to play 720p videos, thats not new for anyone who now the omap3 specs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ti-omap3,4316.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRI0N...eature=related

Adobe Flash 10.1
Flash 10.1 its not out yet, adobe dated flash 10.1 for january or february. By the way the flash version on android devices its not a full flash, do some research and you will notice.

in the other hand when someone compares n900 with the motorola droid or the iphone 3gs i dont understand why they are here, i think that iphone 3gs its a fine piece of technology but totaly useless for me, iphone os its to closed for me and i HATE ITUNES, i tunes its so simple for me, itunes is good for my sister or my little brother, they just buy a song and sync their ipods and thats it.

Motorola Droid its great, i love that capasitive screen, its a gorgeus phone but doesnt have what im looking for (tv out, real linux distribution, native support for mpeg4), to be honest if the droid comes with a tv out and native support of divx buy one, but it doesnt so im not interested.

Well guys this is my opinion, doesnt have to be yours, im far from perfect.

sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by dammsaint; 2009-11-02 at 01:05.

Tags
hd videos, streaming, youtube