Poll: Please select your Option
Poll Options
Please select your Option

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Keep both. For all the N900's flaws, I'll still miss the old Maemo, and I still won't ever get used to a software keyboard.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
N950 will be (IMO) hard to get, so I'll stick with trusty N900 and just add N9 to "collection"

For real results, you do really need 3 options. I voted to stick with N900, although I might have voted differently if the N950 option was there when I gave my vote.

In all fairness, buying the N950 isn't even an option. But 3 choices would give a more comprehensive answer (as the N9 and N950 aren't the same device, and people like/hate them for very different reasons).

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
no keyboard with N9

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
buy n9, its new, its glossy, its colorfull, it is use and throw once battery runs out, it is for END USER unlike n900 (not sure who it was meant for ) , I would buy if it is priced around AU$300

Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
I didn't say I didn't use Flash, I said that the N9/50 doesn't have flash, so what's the point in bringing it up?

The lack of Flash support is not mentioned in the thread title or the poll? However I agree with the OP it is a good thing to bring up as I feel this speaks more than any rumours on here that Nokia are not going to support the N9 in the long term. We are very fortunate we have MAG supporing the CSSU updates on the N900 but there is no guarantee he, or somebody else, will do the same for the N9.

In any event is it too much to expect a mobile phone manufactory to support there own device for 2 years with OS updates etc after the users as spent £500/$600+ purchasing the device?

I just hope another phone co. brings out a meego device otherwise I will be switching to another os once my N900 dies.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
I am keeping my N900 for a long long time yet

Reasons:

I am attached to my N900 now as I know how it all works + it's cusomized to how I want it.

No other phone will be the same, i don't really like change... Like a hardware keyboard

Furthermore there is no real reason for me to get a newer phone, the N900 does everything I need on the move and more.

Last edited by AliasXZ; 2011-06-28 at 13:11.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
n9 with the body of the e7 woulda blew me away, back in the days i easly bought an n95 over the iphone because i couldnt stand the idea of an all touchscreen phone, what is so wrong with having the best of both worlds, keyboard is a must, im sticking with the n900 until something worthy comes along. n8 n9 hell no!