Notices

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Just wanted to mention a minor bug. When pressing 'clear cookies' the app restarts.

Yes this is intended. In git master I already switched to a new clear cookies function which dies not need a restart. It will be coming in an update.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sailfish update 11 has brokenated some visuals. The small square in the bottom left that shows the number of tabs is now showing up empty. It only displays the number briefly while pressed.

Thanks for reporting. This is already fixed in master

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
FEATURE REQUEST:
Any chance of an option in the settings to change the places of the New Tab button (+) and the Close Tab button (x)?
(This would probably also mean moving the (+) to the right side of the tab when only 1 tab is open)

I usually have a bunch of tabs open and when I'm done browsing/reading one, I close it and move on to the next tab to its right. This means I either slide back&forth to the (x) button (rare) or use the pulley menu (almost always). Both of these actions seem a bit "big" or "tasking" for as simple thing as closing a tab. In my situation having the (x) to the left of tab row would solve this.

Why can't I then start from the rightmost tab and move one by one to the left? Sure I can, but think of a situation where I have a feed of news subjects open in the first tab and I then open new tabs (say 8-10) in the background from it. All the new tabs open from left to right and it feels natural to also go through them from left to right.

Also, I've learned that in general, I have more use for the (x) than the (+) so switching their places would make perfect sense for me. Having the switch as an option would not bother those who are happy with the placement as they are now.

@tmi: Note you don't have to swipe to the right to find and hit the X button to close a tab. You also don't need to use the pulldownmenu either.
You can just press and hold on one tab until the notice pops up that you need to swipe up to close this tab.
If you do that the tab should be closed.
It should allow you to go from left to right aswell in the tabs more easily.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
You can just press and hold on one tab until the notice pops up that you need to swipe up to close this tab.
Ah, yes... I had forgotten this. It may be due to the fact that it feels to be quicker to close the tab from the pulley than to wait for the pop up while holding. It's not quite what I was after, but thank you for the reminder.

I still stand by the idea of switching (+) & (x). The idea is not new to me, I had it since the first couple of tries with Webcat. I didn't mention it before because I figured I'd "see the light" eventually. Well, I haven't, really, but I have more or less learned to live with closing with the pulley. Once in a while, it occurs to me that the (+) could be put to "better" use.

I don't mean to strong-arm anything. You implement what you see fit.
Thanks for noticing!

Just to keep you updated (if your not following my git commits [btw. you should :P])

I added the simple adblocking system from WebPirate (thx for that) and did some ui improvements here and there. This means the globally active ProgressCircle will now circle around in the gotobutton/tabbutton in the toolbar (this looks great with the new tab icon). I implemented a loading bar above the toolbar and put the stop + reload button back into the toolbar.
To make more space for it the toolbar urltext is now shortened (http[s]://www is basically cut out of it) and only appears when the urltext box is active.
To visually show when you are surfing on https:// sites the urltext switches to a lightgreen color.
The 'Clear Bookmarks' Button was added as requested and can be found in the settings under privacy (be aware clearing all out will automatically add the default bookmarks on reboot. If you don't want them add a bookmark before closing)
I also added support for multiple embedded youtube videos in the mediabar. As I rarely stumble upon such sites offering multiple embedded youtube videos I made a small video demonstration which also shows some of the other UI improvements (without directly talking about them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igrz...ature=youtu.be

The next version of webcat will be another major release.
And version 2.0 will include some more features aswell and will offer a device independent user interface so all users on non Jolla devices should have a pretty good scaled browser.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Just remembered a little annoyance:
When typing IP number as an address everything works as suspected... say 192.168.0.1.
But when including the port (192.168.0.1:80, 192.168.0.1:9091, take your pick) then Webcat defaults the protocol to "file:" instead of "http:".
Not a big thing really to type in manually, but I always forget this when in my home LAN.

New big version is coming.
The 1.9 devel version is out now in preperation of the 2.0 release with plenty new features and a revamped user Interface.

These are the new Features in an overview:
  • Reduce treshold for hide/show toolbar to 500
  • Prepared for new tab icon in 1.1.2
  • Detect click on video files and open them in video player
  • Updated UserAgents
    • Match default one with WebPirates Mobile User Agent
    • Firefox Desktop User Agent upgraded to version 35
  • Added simple adblocking system (very basic no loading of bloated rules list)
  • Added icons on overlay when long pressed on tabbuttons in Bookmarks/Tab Page
  • Added clear bookmarks button in settings (if left empty default ones are added after restart)
  • Revamped user interface:
    • Added Stop / Reload button in toolbar
    • Strip urltext when not in focus
    • Highlight urltext color when on https
    • Removed bar under urltext
    • Added loading rectangle above toolbar
    • Moved Progresscircle into toolbar on gotoButton
    • Added Horizontal Scroll Decorator
  • Added support for multiple embedded youtube videos (press on title to switch between)
  • Added simple file:/// protocol file manager
  • Use file manager as file picker component
  • Added about:, about:config, about:file shortcut handler
  • Added integrated Video Player (based on a stripped down version of LLs Video Player)
  • Use integrated Video Player by default (Allow usage of LLs Video Player if detected and External Video Player ticked in settings)
  • Fixed historySearch when entering url in urlbox
  • Fixed open rtsp, rtmp & mms opening
  • Added Dax89 developer of WebPirate to Credits in AboutPage
  • Added improved DownloadManager (with download list able to click and open downloaded files)
  • Added Show Downloadsfolder in DownloadManager (opens up file manager)
  • Use title as filename for youtube video downloads
  • Added support for 302 redirect links in DownloadManager

You can find the RPM on openrepos

For all translators. Attention there is a new translation file on transifex.
So you need to update your translations.

This version will go through internal testing and all users who download it via openepos. Harbour will only get the 2.0 final release not this 1.9 devel release.

Videodemo: http://youtu.be/WZXlqOrLKK8

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2015-03-04 at 21:58.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, webbrowser