Active Topics

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Elemental, my previous game state from Pokemon Red is not working, how can I help you fix that or make it work?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
But... the new pad buttons harmattan style are not as good as the pad in 0.2.2. They clutter the screen too much and are a bit distracting. I dropped the opacity as well as disabled visibility but its difficult to gauge the buttons position then. The old pad was effective with clean design and made the look much more professional. I would offer to help design buttons for you but I don't see how the old pad could be improved, it was that good.
I will add an option to select between circles and buttons in the next version. Will it satisfy you? I switched back to buttons, because people complained they do not see where a, b, x, y are.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Elemental, my previous game state from Pokemon Red is not working, how can I help you fix that or make it work?
In the new version flash size is automatically detected for some games, and Pokemon games are happy when they have 128KB flash. I suppose this is a problem, and when you want to load a game from previous version a message appers: "Configuration of loaded state differs from the current one. Mismatch in gbaMem.flashDevice". Is it true? To make it work: select a game and go to "Advanced Launch" page and select "Macronix 64KB" flash. Click on "Run". The options from "Advanced Launch" are saved in states, so save game once and you don't need to change things in "Advanced Launch" again.

Please next time be precise, write which version are you using and write exact message which appears, and what exactly happens, I don't want to guess every time. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
I will add an option to select between circles and buttons in the next version. Will it satisfy you? I switched back to buttons, because people complained they do not see where a, b, x, y are.
Thank you! That would be greatly appreciated

Also if its not too much trouble please revert to the original select, start, settings, close, L and R buttons as well.

I don't mean to criticize your hard work but the new buttons are more windows xp/childish compared to the originals.

Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
Thank you! That would be greatly appreciated

Also if its not too much trouble please revert to the original select, start, settings, close, L and R buttons as well.

I don't mean to criticize your hard work but the new buttons are more windows xp/childish compared to the originals.
OK, but I will not revert, I will add an option to select theme.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
I like the new buttons, makes the emulator look better imo.

edit: also how the hell do you guys managed to get Pokemon games to run?

It says for me "Could not load disk".

Last edited by bmate; 2012-04-06 at 11:58. Reason: asd

Originally Posted by bmate View Post
I like the new buttons, makes the emulator look better imo.

edit: also how the hell do you guys managed to get Pokemon games to run?

It says for me "Could not load disk".
Check size of the file, maybe you didn't detach mass storage properly.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Just updated to 0.3.0, havent played yet, but I'm looking forward to it

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Check size of the file, maybe you didn't detach mass storage properly.
Nope, checked it and even replaced the one on the phone just to be safe and I still can't run it.

Last edited by bmate; 2012-04-06 at 15:33. Reason: asd

Originally Posted by bmate View Post
Nope, checked it and even replaced the one on the phone just to be safe and I still can't run it.
I've checked source again and the message "Could not load disk" can appear only when the file has size < 256 bytes or cannot be opened at all. Try to change the filename so it will contain only ASCII characters and no space, or if it's already ASCII change it to the simplest form, e.g. "a.gba".