Active Topics

Please, I can not start, either, already flashei but nothing works please someone help me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d1hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
A bit more info would be great.

What happens if you start camera?
Did you reflash firmware only? Or a full reflash with wiping MyDocs?
Possibly no more space on device?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
You could try to restore settings as follows:

Settings -> Reset -> Restore settings

This has helped me in the past when some built-in application did not start.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BentL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Have you tried to start the camera from terminal to see if any helpful error messages come up?

camera-ui is the command, IIRC.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
already tried to do
Settings -> Reset -> Restore settings

I'm at work so it comes put the mistake of the camera
but blueetoth any idea?

camera think not important over bluetooth and very important

Camera-ui
Says:
MApplicationservice: registerService() registering failed
MApplicationservice: Calling launch() in other application with service "com.nokia.maemo.CameraService"

Last edited by d1hacker; 2015-11-27 at 00:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d1hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
I tried the camera-ui command and it worked once, the first time, then after I rebooted the N9 and it goes error-some again [deletes all my contacts, messages, music playlists made on the device, etc. Camera, Accounts (IM, Mail, Socials), sometimes Gallery, Videos don't show, etc.]. I had to restore a recent Backup file to get some parts back in order, but it still doesn't solve the camera and some others.

I wonder if there's another fix for this, as camera-ui no longer seems to work. Although I'll always remember to keep trying that method each time. I'm just running out of options right now.

Here's another more popular thread I've looked at, https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92520 (Camera not responding)

I think I've come down to having to move my files to desktop (to free memory?) then back again.

Last edited by Roth; 2016-04-14 at 18:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
this looks like a memory issue. I would suggest uninstalling some games (like NFS 2011, Football, Golf etc), than install pcam to check if the camera responds (pcam is the only camera program that worked for me when all other failed).

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by Roth View Post
I tried the camera-ui command and it worked once, the first time, then after I rebooted the N9 and it goes error-some again [deletes all my contacts, messages, music playlists made on the device, etc. Camera, Accounts (IM, Mail, Socials), sometimes Gallery, Videos don't show, etc.]. I had to restore a recent Backup file to get some parts back in order, but it still doesn't solve the camera and some others.

I wonder if there's another fix for this, as camera-ui no longer seems to work. Although I'll always remember to keep trying that method each time. I'm just running out of options right now.

Here's another more popular thread I've looked at, https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92520 (Camera not responding)

I think I've come down to having to move my files to desktop (to free memory?) then back again.
Holy moly, I went and deleted the twitter folder in /home/.cache/data and now it seems to be working.. and fixed just about every other issue I had!

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Roth View Post
Holy moly, I went and deleted the twitter folder in /home/.cache/data and now it seems to be working.. and fixed just about every other issue I had!
My N9 doesn't have /home/.cache/data folder. Any other ideas? Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: