Active Topics

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post
The best phone Nokia has ever made, was the N95 8GB after that it went from bad to worse for Nokia. That company isn’t ready for touch screen phones or new OS devices such as the N900.

After all the bad reviews about the Nokia N97. I thought they stepped up their game with the N900 and now Maemo on Nokia N900 is not upgradeable to MeeGo.

Don’t know why that surprised me. Doesn’t matter any more anyway I no longer have an N900. Now with the iPhone and guess people were right, it is a stable OS and a great gaming device with great graphics.

When Nokia makes a device like Apple iPhone standard I might consider getting one.
Even BlackBerry are doing a lot better than Nokia at the moment.

Debating whether to get a BlackBerry over the Nokia E72
MEEWILLLAUGH when 1.2 has mms,sat nav, portrait mode etc etc

Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post
The best phone Nokia has ever made, was the N95 8GB after that it went from bad to worse for Nokia. That company isn’t ready for touch screen phones or new OS devices such as the N900.

After all the bad reviews about the Nokia N97. I thought they stepped up their game with the N900 and now Maemo on Nokia N900 is not upgradeable to MeeGo.

Don’t know why that surprised me. Doesn’t matter any more anyway I no longer have an N900. Now with the iPhone and guess people were right, it is a stable OS and a great gaming device with great graphics.

When Nokia makes a device like Apple iPhone standard I might consider getting one.
Even BlackBerry are doing a lot better than Nokia at the moment.

Debating whether to get a BlackBerry over the Nokia E72
Read the facts before posting junk like this, and as stated before
this might not be the right device for you at this point, but you will be back for a new shiny Meego device when you see how limited the ifail devices perform after a while

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I have to say, mine has slowed down, crashed, had problems like any other device that actually multi-tasks. But I have had to pull the battery maybe once or twice, very rare if I was testing some new software in extra devel that I had not tried before. Nothing I use regularly has caused it. Supertux I am not surprised, as when I tried to play that (granted months back so it might have improved) it seemed like a very rough recompile for the N900 without any tweaking specifically for the N900 at all (the controls seemed awkward).

As someone else said, its a MASSIVE upgrade over Windows Mobile. I found that, with an OFFICIAL firmware, explorer would just crash immediately upon bootup for no good reason. Windows Phone 7 should finally fix that, but then that is a completely different beast entirely to Windows Mobile and unlikely to be as flexible, hence why its called Phone not Mobile, its an actual Phone OS this time not a computer.

Why is it not as stable as iPhone? You gotta be kidding me. There is only just talk of iPhone doing multi-tasking as most likely it will still have strict limits on what can run at the same time, how MUCH can run at the same time. THAT'S why the iPhone is more stable, if you are running a game on iPhone that is pretty much all you are running and at a vastly lower resolution than the N900. Yet, Angry Birds runs excellent on the N900 at that much improved resolution.

I just wish Nokia would pull their finger out on OVI Store so I can buy the level pack but presumably something is going on due to the Meego change, possibly demands of everything on OVI to be Meego compatible before it goes mainstream. I wouldn't be surprised if Maemo 5 even switched to RPM some time this year for compatibility.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post: